coop warming party :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by melloladies, Aug 1, 2010.

1. melloladies

melloladies Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Merritt Island
    The hubs and I hosted a "coop warming party" for our (hopefully all) girls today!! When we said we were getting chickens, everybody wanted to see them, so we figured that would be the best way to handle it! Any excuse for a party, right?!?!? We freshly cleaned the coop, and made sure everything was just so.... everybody shows up, sets up lawn chairs and is chatting away merrily when the skies break loose for the first time in a month and pour down on us!!! The chickens seemed none the worse for wear, but all us humans vacated the backyard. This was quite a shame [​IMG] we had planned a cornhole tournament, and my friends had even made a "chicken drop" game- none of that worked out. C'est la vie!! My favorite thing was my momma found an antique egg basket- perfection [​IMG] All in all- a great day. just thought I would share!

2. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    I wanna see the egg basket and what's the egg drop game?

3. melloladies

melloladies Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Merritt Island
    [​IMG]
    This is the egg basket- currently filled with clementines [​IMG]
    It is SO cool! It collapses and folds up like 4 different ways!!
    As for the chicken drop game... this is what I know- info from a friend of mine from New Orleans. I'm not condoning this... but it sounds pretty funny:lol:
    http://www.zooass.com/whatever/travel/chickendrop.shtml

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by