1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Coop Water Heater........Pictures

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by seanb, Nov 19, 2011.

1. seanb

seanb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Central PA
    This should keep our water from freezing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hens & Hounds

Hens & Hounds Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    NJ
    wow! that is a great idea [​IMG] also doubles as a night lite to give them some snuggling ambiance [​IMG]

3. kuntrychick

kuntrychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Alabama
    LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! [​IMG] Let me know how it works because I've got some cut up tree trunks around here that I was planning on getting hubby to "slice" them to be stands to put waterers & feeders & such on. I see another project for me to add to the "honey do" list for hubby! I bet he wishes I would quit reading this board because I get too many ideas from y'all! [​IMG]. I guess I'm gonna have to learn to do some of this stuff myself.

4. Hawkeye95

Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps

fabulous set up!!! This is amazing! There's NO WAY I could core out a log like that though. I'll just have to dream. Sigh. But I really love how high up it is- no shavings are getting kicked in that water! [​IMG]

5. kuntrychick

kuntrychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Alabama
    How tall is that? About 12 in. high or so?

6. seanb

seanb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Central PA
    Log was cored out with a bandsaw. Very easy to do with the right tool.

Height is 9". Currently it's controlled by a switch but I might install a thermostat later on. We'll see how a 25 watt bulb works, might have to up the wattage if it's not enough.

Thanks for the comments.

7. KDK1

KDK1 Chillin' With My Peeps

That's awesome... especially the night shot. I was wondering how in the hey you bored the hole!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by