coop winner

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Aknor, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Aknor

Aknor New Egg

Aug 14, 2008
    I just wanted to say I really enjoyed reading about the winners of the coop design. The balcony coop really caught my attention. I live on 50 acres with an assortment of feathered friends all of whom have to be protected from predators and in the winter the cold. It gets to -40 or worse. I am in the process of renovating a former shed/former kitchen/dining room into a hen house. The current one is in need of replacement so I have been checking out your coop designs for inspiration. Where is the balcony coop? What country? Europe? It is intriguing to think that they would be allowed to have chickens in an apartment building! Here everything is regulated and in 'town' you aren't allowed to have poultry or livestock! Good for them!

2. chickerdoodle

chickerdoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Oregon
    The coop contest was soooo great we changed our plans for our first coop to be similar to one of the winners--"Chichen Palace." My husband just realized why its "Chichen" instead of Chicken--LOL!

Thank you--thank you--thank you all!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by