1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

cooper has healed after her dog attack

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by nealsbirds, Apr 28, 2009.

1. nealsbirds

nealsbirds New Egg

Mar 4, 2009
    berryville
    Just to update ,my cornish rock hen cooper is now well,after 8 weeks of tourture and treatment. She now has a cornish rock buddie who was also wounded at his home. They now have run of my backyard. Needless to say these meat birds will always be my spoiled pets. After all the gangrine, shots ,bathing ,scraping and bandging wounds.I just can't eat chicken anymore.

2. BFeathered

BFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    Hooray for a good outcome! Glad to know that your meat bird has her own meat back on her bones, and a boyfriend to boot... You may not want to eat one anymore, but you can have more fun with the live ones [​IMG] Good job!

3. chickeepoo

chickeepoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Quote:I second that, and congratulations! It's heartening to hear of her recovery, that your efforts were successful [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by