coop'ing in the heat: pictures added

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by homecatmom, Aug 18, 2007.

1. homecatmom

homecatmom Chillin' With My Peeps

The time has come that the little ones need to move outside. I picked a coop plan (by picture), purchased my wood, and was ready for bright and early Saturday morning. My husband went to work, the kids were still in bed and I was ready! My neighbor Kim and I had a cup of coffee and talked strategy. The coop and run will be one piece 16 feet by 4 feet by 6 feet tall. Between 6:30am and 12:30pm we got 2 of the 16 foot sides framed and braced. We did some awsome nailing using her dads air powered nail gun. He's a contractor, but didn't want to help us as it was "our" project. He did give advise when we had problems with the angle cuts on the braces. I will take some pictures this evening and again tomorrow morning when we start again. My babies will be living in a palace (let's just hope it's a sturdy palace...)

I got a couple of pictures, but can't figure out how to load them....

Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  2. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Good luck ya'll, if it's really HOT there be careful. Post pics went you are finished.

3. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Women Power!!! [​IMG]

Can't wait to see your pix!

4. homecatmom

homecatmom Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm hoping this works. Thanks for the help Trisha!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  5. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    can't wait to see the end result!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by