1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Coop's in Place, Now the fun stuff starts!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by F106A, May 7, 2011.

1. F106A

F106A Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Texas Big Country
    I got a brisket on the smoker, then son #2 and I got the new coop in place this morning - FINALLY! Now to; get it level, cut the door, install the window(s), vents, nesting boxes, make and install the run, etc., etc...! Lot's of stuff to do! My daughter wants to paint it, but that's low on the list as far as I'm concerned. We'll see. I got a great deal on this 8'x6' display model from Lowe's that I couldn't pass on! The run is going to come off the back side for 16' right now, but will be able to expand it if necessary.

Just a neat feeling getting it in place, so I thought I'd share!

Back to the brisket!

Mark

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kudzu

Kudzu Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    That is a great start, hope you neighbors like eggs.

3. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    Wow. That's really nice. Your going to have happy chickens. Can I come over for beer and brisket?[​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  4. F106A

Apr 9, 2011
    Texas Big Country
    Yea, me too! Fortunately, three out of four of my immediately next-door neighbors -- both sides, across the street, and behind -- are in the USAF like me, and two of them (front and back) are in my squadron! My neighborhood isn't even on base; just a neat coincidence! (If it was, I sure wouldn't be allowed to have BYCs!) That will help a bunch!

Mark

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I always wanted a privacy fence around my chicken yard!

6. F106A

Apr 9, 2011
    Texas Big Country
    You know, my entire lot is smack dab in the middle of a subdivision, and is only .172 acres! I'm still tossing around the idea of extending the run all the way to the privacy fence, and adding some type of either welded wire, or hex chicken wire against the inside of the fence. Still don't know about that. I'd kind of like to have that space next to the fence, but making the run would probably be cheaper if I use the existing fence. What to do, what to do... [​IMG]

Oh, "flowergirl60", if you leave Austin right now, by the time you get here the brisket should be done!

Mark

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by