Copper Black Chicks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sunshine, Apr 15, 2008.

1. sunshine

sunshine New Egg

Apr 15, 2008
    Hi
    I am new on here but you can buy copper black chicks [​IMG] from
    [email protected] You need to order at least 20 chicks. Check for eggs for sale on ebay.

Sunshine [​IMG]

2. horsechick

horsechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2007
    Eaton, Ohio
    Hi,
    Have you bought from him before?
    Are his birds pretty nice?
    I have heard mixed reviews, and when we wrote with questions he wasn't the most friendliest guy either, being fairly new, that's kind of a turn off.
    Thanks for any info.
    Angela

3. mothergoose1963

mothergoose1963 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Midwest
    He wasnt friendly to me either. He said he had them, I immediately sent him a paypal payment and then he said he didnt have them...instead he would send me something else. I had to request that he send my money back. Then I asked to buy hatching eggs instead and he told me that his birds are mixed with another color, so I would have had 50/50 with black coppers and something else. He doesnt seem like a very good business person to me, anyway. [​IMG]

4. danrut101

danrut101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    I went with Will Morrow with my Black Copper chicks. They are still young but look very good. A few Blues mixed in, but he told me this up front. Seems like a very honest person.
    If you are looking for eggs, good luck on finding them without a waiting list. Also, plan to pay a minimum of $60 per dozen. I would go with Bev Davis.

5. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Wise decision - I won an auction from him for blue marans and I didn't hatch a one, but I hatch 2 cuckoo marans, 3 wyadottes (I think), and 4 white chicks that I'm assuming are splashes, but who really knows. I sent him pictures and he told me "Yes, they are blue marans." Guess I'm color blind.

6. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Just have to say I, personally, was happy w/Ray. But I got eggs from him.... 1 dozen Silver Marans & 1 dozen Crele Penedescenas. Best wrapping I've seen, and he sent 14 of each, only 1 egg total broken. It was a total of $62...which I thought $21 for s/h was a bit expensive, but oh well. Out of the eggs I had, 12/13 SM were forming @ 6 days & 13/14 CPs were.
    HTH,
    Kristi

7. samara

samara Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2007
    I was on a waiting list with Bev for 1 year, and she contacted me saying she had eggs, and I have to decide right then as she is leaving soon for England. I however ended up having to cancel my order at the last minute, as my last two hatches haven't! Sooo sad.

This wait was for wheaton marans, I would assume that her waiting list is generally a year, and she is leaving for Europe this weekend, so I don't know if she will get your email soon.

She is great, you have to send a MO though, no paypal or anything else.

Samara

8. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I e-mailed her yesterday and she replied right away - it is a Looooooooooooooog list - but I put my name on it anyway.

Samara,

Couldn't she bump you down a list a little bit and get back to you later? That sucks about having to say no.

9. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    I got my eggs from Bev also, she is a really nice person to deal with. I was on a waiting list for over a year. When she emailed me telling me it was my turn to get eggs, we were having 0 or below temps, here. I asked if she could hold off a while til the temps got above freezeing, plus I wasnt ready to incubate eggs. She was so nice to wait a few weeks for me and the weather. Not a one of my eggs hatched, they all died at different stages. I know it wasnt the eggs, it was me and the bators fault they didnt hatch, I was so sick over it. I contacted her and she was so nice and sent me another batch of eggs for the cost of shipping. They are cooking now as I type this. I put some under a hen and some in the bator. They are due next week. Good luck........

10. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Mergmet ( Margaret has them ) they are beautiful birds and lovely dark eggs. She sells shipping eggs and ships chicks. www.endlessfarm.net

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by