Copper Black Maran Rooster in Southern California- Needs Loving Home

adeledamate

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 29, 2008
Los Angeles
Hi, I've been reading and surfing the BYC site for a few months now and just registered today. I have been raising A Copper Black Maran chick that I hatched from an egg, the only survivor of a bad incubator experience. Unfortunately, although I really thought it was a hen, it started crowing. I live in a suburb of Los Angeles and I can only have hens so I really need to find a loving home for my beautiful rooster. His name is "Lightning". Named by my 5 year old son. Does anyone live in the Los Angeles area that would like to have a Copper Black Maran rooster? He was born on Feb. 4th. I bought the eggs from a local Maran breeder. I can send pics if you'd like. Thanks!

Last edited:
I live in OH. I would love to have him.
sad.png
But I know that the shipping would be too much.

Thanks so much. He really is beautiful. Hopefully I'll be able to find someone that's close by. I've read that people ship live animals buy I'm a little leary about shipping him so far away.

I bought the eggs from a family farm in Norco. She has been selling her eggs on Ebay for the past few months. I had bad luck, my fault completely, with the eggs I won in her auction and my rooster was the only one to survive. She was wonderful and offered to hatch some for me. I ended up driving out to her place and getting 6 new baby Copper Black Maran chicks. They are perfect. Although it looks like two are going to be roosters as well. They're about 4 weeks old now. Anyway....her name is Donna.

that is great! I'll take him! Can we possibly meet somewhere? I am usually free afternoons/early evenings seven days a week! Maybe we could meet halfway.

Yes, Yes. I am so happy!! I just brought "lightning" in the house so he wouldn't wake up the neighbors. I live in Los Feliz. So meeting you half way would be great! Where would you like to meet? I am available this afternoon after 12 (my son has t-ball) and tomorrow afternoon as well.

Back
Top Bottom