1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

copper colored chick with no design what is it?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Bock_Bock, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    just wondering it likes to stand alone and not huddle with the group i was just wondering if you know what brred it might be it has a mix of colors in the fuzz but no reall pattern to it also could you tell what color?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    should i also be worried if ti doesnt want to cuddle up like the rest of the chicks?

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

If I remember correctly you got your eggs from someone who doesn't keep her breeds seperate. The odds of it being anything besides a mixed breed chick are pretty slim. When it gets feathered out you may be able to see some traits from certain breeds.

And it probably isn't a good thing that it's standing off by itself.

4. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    ok thanks for the response u are right tho, it is from a mix breed flock so most likely it is a mutt i just havnt seen one colore dlike this before, i wa sjust trying to see if anyone has had one colored like this and what it turned out ot be and look like.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by