Copper Marons

coolcanoechic

Songster
8 Years
Oct 7, 2011
Raymond, New Hampshire
My Coop
My Coop
I am a total newbie to this, but I will be using this site as my guide. I am picking up a half dozen chicks this weekend, They are of the cottage hill line.....hope I got that right. Anyway, they will be my first chicks ever. I am soooo egggcited! Wish me luck in this new endeavor. I will be out shopping tomorrow night for all the necessities. I have read about raising baby chicks in the learning center on this site, but if anyone has anything to add to help a first timer, it will be most appreciated. OMG! I can't wait!!!!!!

Congratulations on your new additions!
yippiechickie.gif

I'll be back to check out your pics.

I'm a newbie too. I have 7 (hopefully pullets) right now and will be downsizing to 5 (I'm a townie). I figured it was easier to start with more and downsize than have only a few with some dying. I started with 2 Cochin (1 black and 1 Buff), 1 Copper Maran, 1 Mottled Java and 1 Golden sex-link, 2 black australorps. Depending on how it all turns out I'm not sure who will go! I've heard that Cochins get broody though so I am thinking one of them. Or maybe I'll just make more room and keep all 7, lol (darn chicken math).
I look forward to seeing more pictures of your babies and how they compare to my feed store Maran!
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom