Copper Sulfate for treating bumblefoot?

Yes. The powdered form is caustic. It's sort of like powdered cleanser with bleach. You don't want that on your skin. Once it is in suspension (mixed into water), it's safe to handle. They treat our drinking water reservoirs with the stuff.
Ahh okay. I was afraid I was missing something lol

Hi @Fluffy_Feathers did this work?

I read about copper sulfate being used for foot rot in cattle and wondered if it would work on bumblefoot and I stumbled upon your thread.

An update would be great for others who are trying to avoid surgical removal.

Hi @Fluffy_Feathers did this work?

I read about copper sulfate being used for foot rot in cattle and wondered if it would work on bumblefoot and I stumbled upon your thread.

An update would be great for others who are trying to avoid surgical removal.
Hey! So if I remember correctly, I didn't use the copper sulfate for very long. I think when I was using it I had another hen pop up with bumblefoot as well, so I decided to get some Tricide-Neo to really tackle the problem. I really didn't notice much of an improvement in the time I used it. But even with the tricide-neo I wasn't able to cure her of the infection and so I had to cull her (the original hen).

I will say that my method never caused any harm or regression that I could see. I'm sorry I can't offer any more info, but thanks for asking for an update

Back
Top Bottom