Corey..Your in box is full....

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by sheps4her, Jan 23, 2008.

1. sheps4her

sheps4her Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2008
    Guilford County, NC
    But just to let you know thatn everyone is doing well. Cynthiia (the hen I had already) accepted the others with no problem. The oldest sex link however, attacked Cynthia. Cynthia quickly changed her attitude, and put the other hen in her place and quickly! I was scrambling to get them seperated so no one would get hurt, but it was over almost before it began, with the sex link backing down quickly. Cynthia is definately the "head Chicken." DH kept an eye on them for the rest of the day, and said that there were no more fights...just a minor peck here and there. Hopefully they will work out their pecking order and peace will reign!
    I will try to get some pics of everyone as soon as I can.

Thanks again and I will keep you updated.
    Sheps.

P.S.
    Sorry to hear about the hen you lost tonight.

2. sheps4her

Jan 10, 2008
    Guilford County, NC
    Bump [​IMG]

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

You have a hen named Cynthia, LOL? Never heard of a chicken named Cynthia! She needs to be a speckled hen, of course! [​IMG]

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG]

5. sheps4her

Jan 10, 2008
    Guilford County, NC
    [​IMG] speckled hen....[​IMG] oh I see..your name! Well, my six year old named her Cynthia. Can't wait to see what he names the new ones!!

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, maybe this means that my name is coming back in style, LOL! [​IMG]

7. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    Hey sorry I didn't reply sooner, I didn't see this post until today. I am glad they are doing so well. It will take them a couple of days to get the pecking order down but I am sure they will settle soon. I am so happy they have such a good home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by