CORID amprolium 9.6% dosage

Lexievans11990

Songster
Aug 18, 2019
North Georgia
I’ve got a sick 3 month old turkey, he’s been puny for about 2 days. I’ve caught it early because I’ve dealt with sick turkeys and they died because I waited too long. Anyways I pick up this (image attached) I’ve used the powder before but never the liquid. Anyone know how much I should give him in his water?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 37
Give 10 ml or 2 tsp per gallon of water, for 5-7 days, and change the water daily in case it gets contaminated with droppings. If the birds are weak or having blood in the poo, you can reduce the dose to 1/2 tsp per gallon for an additional 5-7 days.
Thanks so much! He isn’t weak he just acts tired, and his poo has no blood just a little yellow! Thanks again :)

Give 10 ml or 2 tsp per gallon of water, for 5-7 days, and change the water daily in case it gets contaminated with droppings. If the birds are weak or having blood in the poo, you can reduce the dose to 1/2 tsp per gallon for an additional 5-7 days.
So I’ve got him in the hospital pen today. He’s got his amprolium water and food and I added some cayenne to it. Also I have a little question/concern if you could answer that would be great! When I pick him up it’s like a faucet turns on water just pours from his mouth. I’m not sure if it’s cause he just got done drinking water or if it’s mucous!

It could be that you are squeezing his crop, and contents can come up. But he could be having a crop problem. I would keep an eye on it. His GI tract may be slowed down due to his coccidiosis problem, and the crop is slow to empty. Check his crop early in the morning to see if it is emptying. I would stop the cayenne. Probiotics would be more helpful.

It could be that you are squeezing his crop, and contents can come up. But he could be having a crop problem. I would keep an eye on it. His GI tract may be slowed down due to his coccidiosis problem, and the crop is slow to empty. Check his crop early in the morning to see if it is emptying. I would stop the cayenne. Probiotics would be more helpful.
Alright I will! Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom