Corid and Amprol Powder Dosing with Pictures - Preliminary

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by casportpony, Feb 27, 2015.

1. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Corid 20% powder and Amprol 128 20% powder are the same thing, both are 20% amprolium powder.

The powder doses for poultry are as follows:
    • The severe outbreak dose (.024%) for Corid Powder is 1.5 teaspoons
    • The moderate outbreak dose (.012%) for Corid Powder is 3/4 teaspoon.
    • The preventative dose (.006%) for Corid Powder is 1/3 teaspoon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Based off of the above, 8 ounces is 226.8 grams.
    226.8 divided by 50 gallons = 4.536 grams per gallon

Quote:

-Kathy

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  2. mournlight

mournlight Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2008
    I have one (5) pound hen to treat. Though I appreciate all the math, these conversions are difficult for me to follow and I'm left with the same hesitant question I had from reading the package, which is:
    Per what?
    1.5 teaspoon of powder needs to be consumed by her per day?
    1.5 teaspoon of powder per a gallon, of which she may only drink a tablespoon per day?

I'm reading the drench for five days instructions on the package and your instructions. Will you verify that I've understood correctly?

I'll mix one ounce of powder to 1 1/4 cups of water. (Reducing since I'm only treating one bird.)
    I'll give 1.5 cc of this mix each day for 5 days.

Please advise if I've calculated correctly. I have a 3 cc syringe. It appears cc and ml are basically interchangeable.

Thanks in advance!

(This is to treat my hen, who again isn't doing well, and who has tested slightly positive for Cocci - two were seen in the fecal sample.)

3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Your 5 pound hen needs 45mg of amprolium per day. Take 10 ml of water and place that in a container. Mark that container so you know where the 10 ml mark is. Empty... Now place 1/2 teaspoon powder and slowly add water until you reach the 10ml mark. Stir well. You now have 10ml of liquid with 27mg per one ml. Total daily dose for your five pound hen is 1.7ml of that liquid per day, but it will probably work better if you give it 2-4 times a day, so figure out how many times per day and divide 1.7 by that number. She should also have lots of fluids, so if you can, give that dose with with as much waters possible. Make sense?

-Kathy

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by