1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Corid and Strike 3 treat together?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by JJ--, Nov 11, 2016.

1. JJ--

JJ-- Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2015
    Hi,

My beautiful 10mos Olive egger is having intestinal shedding for three days and not looking right. I am on day 2 of treating with Corid in case of cocci (I am giving each bird in the flock 0.4 mls by syringe to be safe and putting probiotics in their drinking water.

I am also thinking I need to treat for worms too. I have a Strike 3 pellet (hygromyacin B) at the house that says to treat for round worms, cecal and capillary worms. Can I mix this at the same time with Corid?

Instructions say to give one scoop per one pound of feed. But I think that might be the preventive dose. I am trying to figure out if there is a better direct method to administering it to the sick chicken. ( example can I crush it and feed directly and if so how much?). The nearest TSC is an hour away, but if I need to drive there to get safeguard instead I may have to wait until tomorrow.

Thanks!

2. Sony57

Sony57 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 17, 2014
    Sorry JJ, I have no advice for you as I have not used any of the products you mentioned but Corid and probiotics. I used corid as a preventative measure so I am unsure how long before you see positive results.

How is the chick doing at this point...what have you done...if nothing else we will give this post a bump to see if someone more experienced has any ideas what to do.

3. JJ--

JJ-- Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2015
    I did a second thread on this as suddenly they started popping roundworms. Went with Corid and Safeguard. Strike three is being take off the market and will now require a vets note due to latest fda issuing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by