Corid safe for ducks?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickenlove<3, Jul 30, 2011.

1. chickenlove<3

chickenlove<3 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 17, 2010
    I have a mixed flock of chickens, ducks and turkeys, and have two young chickens who just died of cocci before I realized what it was and had a chance to treat it. I have corid and want to treat everyone to make sure it doesn't kill anymore, but I was unsure if corid is safe to use with ducks since they all live together and it would be very hard to treat them. I am hearing a dosage of 9.5cc per gallon of water, but since I don't know for sure if these chickens have it, should I reduce the dosage? The ducks are the ones who drink the most, and is it safe for them to be drinking the treated water? Also, I have a flock of older chickens who live separately from these ones, but I didn't know if they could be carrying the cocci and pass it to chicks if they hatch. Should I treat them too, and if I do, can they're eggs be eaten while they are being treated? Any help would be great![​IMG]

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    chickenlove<3 :

I have a mixed flock of chickens, ducks and turkeys, and have two young chickens who just died of cocci before I realized what it was and had a chance to treat it. I have corid and want to treat everyone to make sure it doesn't kill anymore, but I was unsure if corid is safe to use with ducks since they all live together and it would be very hard to treat them. I am hearing a dosage of 9.5cc per gallon of water, but since I don't know for sure if these chickens have it, should I reduce the dosage? The ducks are the ones who drink the most, and is it safe for them to be drinking the treated water? Also, I have a flock of older chickens who live separately from these ones, but I didn't know if they could be carrying the cocci and pass it to chicks if they hatch. Should I treat them too, and if I do, can they're eggs be eaten while they are being treated? Any help would be great![​IMG]

Cocci is not a common disease in ducks, but I'd treat them ALL if I were you. Corid wont harm them, including ducks. Use the dosage as directed. There is no withdrawal from corid. Here's a link:
    http://www.liveducks.com/health.html

3. chickenlove<3

chickenlove<3 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 17, 2010
    Thanks a lot! I will treat all of them then, thank you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by