Corid treatment

How much corid do I put in the chicken waterer. The corid I bought was for some other animals so the dosages didn’t seem right.
Corid is labeled/sold for cows...but it's the only Corid and it is the right one.

Did you buy the liquid or powder?

Liquid is 2 tsp per gallon of water. Make fresh daily and and make sure it's the only water available. Use the severe outbreak dosing on the chart below.
900x900px-LL-a380cae7_Untitled.jpeg

Liquid is 2 tsp per gallon of water. Make fresh daily and and make sure it's the only water available. Use the severe outbreak dosing on the chart below.
View attachment 1851646
Thank you for the measurements I just treated all of their waterers. I’m not even sure it’s cocci but it seems to be the closest relating sickness to they’re symptoms. They get really lethargic and stop moving much then they sit down and barely eat or drink and die within about 2 days of symptoms.

Thank you for the measurements I just treated all of their waterers. I’m not even sure it’s cocci but it seems to be the closest relating sickness to they’re symptoms. They get really lethargic and stop moving much then they sit down and barely eat or drink and die within about 2 days of symptoms.
Can you tell us more:
How old are they?
How are they housed?
What do you feed?
What breed?

Photos of chickens and their poop.

Ok so this is my second case of this sickness. Last week I had a chicken have the same symptoms and she died within a day. She was about 1 1/2 years or two years old. She was a RIR. The other chicken I had died this morning she died in about a day and a half. She was 4 years old and was a black sexlink. I feed them all ranch pro it’s Atwood’s store brand chicken food. I’ve had them always on that food and they’ve been fine so I don’t think it’s food. Both chickens poop were diarrhea.

Ok so this is my second case of this sickness. Last week I had a chicken have the same symptoms and she died within a day. She was about 1 1/2 years or two years old. She was a RIR. The other chicken I had died this morning she died in about a day and a half. She was 4 years old and was a black sexlink. I feed them all ranch pro it’s Atwood’s store brand chicken food. I’ve had them always on that food and they’ve been fine so I don’t think it’s food. Both chickens poop were diarrhea.

How many other chickens do you have?

Do you still have the body of the one that died this morning? If you do, would you consider sending it for necropsy or you could do one yourself if you are up to it, post photos and we can help you with what you see.

The symptoms point to soooo many things it's hard to know what's going on.
The Corid won't hurt them. How hot is it where you are?

It’s been pretty hot here lately mid to upper 90s but they’re in shad all the time. When the first one died it wasn’t hot it was in the 80s with clouds. I don’t have the bodies anymore but I do have a picture of the first chicken before she died but while she was sick.

Back
Top Bottom