Corn craked or whole?

Wendyba29

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 3, 2008
Satellite Beach, Florida
Hello all!! I'm new here but I've been checking things out for a little while. This is my very first post! I have 7 little guys that I hatched from some eggs that I found at a friends house. I'm not sure what kind they are they look like a mix of a couple of different kinds. My question is should I be feeding them corn whole or cracked for a treat? They seem to like it either way. Any help would be great and as soon as I figure out how to make my pictures smaller I'll post some. It said the image size was too big? What ever that means!
roll.png

we give our birds both.
The cracked corn is mixed with there feed. I throw whole corn out for them in the yard while they are free ranging.
Once in a while I pick up the bags of dried corn on the cob (like the stuff for squirrels). I throw the cobs out to them and they go wild over them. Have them gobbled right up.

I think if your birds like both you can give them both.
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
I was reading in my call duck book that even the tiny bantam old english and call ducks can eat whole corn. It is supposed to be more nutritious. I guess when the corn is cracked, some of the nutrition goes away. Im still scared to give my bantams whole. lol. Im scared they will choke. When they get older I would give them whole.

Whole corn is better for them since as soon as it's cracked it starts losing it's nutrients. I can't remember where I read it, but it was an amazingly short time period that it lost a lot of it's value. My call ducks eat it with no problem.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom