corn on the cob

It's real simple actually- just run each ear under cold water, don't dry it off, and wrap in wax paper (individually). Micro on high for about 4 minutes and you got corn! Mmmm mmmm. And who don't love corn?

Good luck!

If you don't have wax paper, you can leave the corn in the husk and silk. You don't need to rinse in water then - they cook in their own moisture. That said, I think corn is still best boiled, roasted or sauteed.
smile.png

My mom started doing corn in the microwave a few years ago and now I wouldn't have it/ do it ANY other way.
Leave the corn right in the husk, and throw however many ears you want at a time in the sink. Turn on the cold water and run them under the cold water for a minute or so. Then stack them up on a plate, cover them in saran wrap and pop them in the microwave for 2-3 minutes per cob. We usually don't go over 15 minutes, even if we have more than 8 cobs. They're SO good and VERY juicy this way, and they seem to keep the flavor better. Just look out, they're going to be REALLY hot when you unwrap them
big_smile.png
Hope this helps!

thumbsup.gif
THANKS Y'ALL.... it was awesome!!!! only did this in a pinch... dont have a stove at the moment....no kitchen...old "new house" remodeling. lol...thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom