cornbread cocaine

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by chikinfarmr, Dec 29, 2011.

1. chikinfarmr

chikinfarmr Out Of The Brooder

Nov 27, 2011
    Southern tip of Illnois
    We have had chickens for a while. My wife made cornbread for Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday. We had fed them several foods. However, If you feed them cornbread muffins. You should wear gloves. I have never seen them go after any food like this. Pretty cool!

2. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    I bet that was fun to watch [​IMG]

3. KrisH

KrisH Chillin' With My Peeps

Hushpuppies from the fish restaraunts work quite well too. We always take home chicken bags.

RobertH

4. peepacheep

peepacheep Chillin' With My Peeps

For my flock it is live meal worms. Not a pretty sight! I wanted a sure fire way to get the chickens back into the run so I have carried the meal worms out in the same blue and white quart size container. It is a stampede when they see the container! [​IMG]

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] Chicken bags? I love it!

6. Patricia Jane

Patricia Jane Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2010
    Petaluma CA
    You certainly know what their favorite foods are by the way they tackle it. Bet it WAS funny to watch Sounds like your enjoying them too.

7. 3CityChicks

3CityChicks Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    You're giving me ideas. Now I'm tempted to bake corn muffins with meal worms for the girls! Just need to make sure the human kids don't accidentally try one!

8. KrisH

KrisH Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:It won't hurt them, just hope they don't find HALF a worm. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by