Cornish Cross

broomrider

Songster
6 Years
Apr 11, 2014
Northeast Missouri
I'm new to raising chickens. I've been letting my chickens eat unlimited amounts of feed not realizing that I wasn't suppose to. They will turn 4 weeks old on Saturday. I just started the 12 on 12 off today. Do you think it is too late to prevent CHF in week 6? My medicated feed says I can feed them from start to finish with it. Any ideas on this? Should I switch to nonmedicated?

Last edited:
I don't think it's to late but I'm new to this as well. Just processes my first batch and they were allowed continuous access to feed and forage all day. Six weeks old and they had no health problems. Only processed them because I got grossed out by the amount of flies they and the second batch were attracting. Second batch is given the same treatment and at 7 weeks haven't had any health issues

I'm new to raising chickens. I've been letting my chickens eat unlimited amounts of feed not realizing that I wasn't suppose to. They will turn 4 weeks old on Saturday. I just started the 12 on 12 off today. Do you think it is too late to prevent CHF in week 6? My medicated feed says I can feed them from start to finish with it. Any ideas on this? Should I switch to nonmedicated?
Personally, I prefer giving non medicated feed after 4 weeks, to eliminate antibiotics in the meat.

Back
Top Bottom