1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cornish Cross

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Sylviaanne, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Sylviaanne

Sylviaanne Overrun With Chickens

Sep 17, 2012
    Ozark, MO
    I have a Cornish X hen, do the Cornish X's have roosters?
    Can the eggs of a CX be fertilized?
    What color would their eggs be?
    Would the eggs have a little bit of color to them when bred by a Welsummer or Crested Polish roosters?

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013

3. Sylviaanne

Sylviaanne Overrun With Chickens

Sep 17, 2012
    Ozark, MO
    From what I have read about CX's I thought that they might be sterile and not produce roosters. That they came from 2 other breeds to make CX's. I have been getting some blush colored eggs that I don't know who is laying them and I though it might have been her but I am getting some dark brown eggs, so she maybe laying those. I don't have a CX roo but I do have a Welsummer and a Crested Polish. I thought that the CX hens might only lay white eggs because of their color and that they are bred for one purpose. I thought that the eggs might get slight color from the roosters and that might explain the blush colored eggs.

Thanks for the answers. I appreciate it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by