Cornish jubilee or white laced red? w/pic

Texgran

Chirping
13 Years
Feb 6, 2009
Aubrey, Texas
I have recently purchased a trio of cornish. When I look at pictures to distiguish the color/pattern the pics I see of the jubilee matches. The problem is when I try to find them at hatcheries they only show the white laced red and the color always looks too dark to match my trio.
I'll take a picture of them tomorrow and post it with this.
I guess I'm just anxious for an answer and so I jumped the gun on a picture.
Ya'll have always been of great help and I appreciate it.
I took this pic as I was doing chores this a.m. They look darker than in real life. When my husband comes in I will get a close up. The roo actually has more white on the other side. I don't know if he is the same as the girls. He doesn't have the lacing they have:)rolleyes:duh, obviously you can see that).
22516_cornish_trio.jpg

Last edited:
They're not the same. White Laced Red is a single white lacing on a red feather. A Jubilee is a double lacing on a red feather (the Dark Cornish pattern with the black removed).

I can't wait to see your pics!

Quote:
Thanks, I went to the site and the hens look like the jubilee indian game. Which I believe in the U.S. would be cornish. New at this and not sure of that.

Over the pond they are called Indian Game, most in the US call them Cornish.

I'd love to see a close up of the hens feathering. I have some WLR, but I haven't seen a Jubilee yet.

looks like white laced reds. that is the more likely color. your male has no lacing though.

a jubilee male will be white bodied with red shoulders and a little bit of red in the front of the breast, hackle and saddle at most. the female will have mostly white hackle with thin red striping and the body is red with double white lacing on every feather.

Jubilee Indian game (or Cornish in US due to their having been developed in Cornwall), are double laced, like the other British Indian games. The jubilee male has a white breast, no lacing.
Single laced birds also have columbian & the males would probably have a laced breast
The white lacing is usually the result of splash rather than black (or blue) though dominant white can also be used.

UK ,Australian Indian Game are eWh Wheaten Based whereas US Cornish Game are eb Brown based. Single & Double Lacing can be made on eb, but single lacing is a very difficult proposition on eWh.
SLRed is not a recognised variety in the UK, nor is Jubilee in the US.
David

single lacing is a very difficult proposition on eWh.

That's interesting David. Thanks
smile.png

What happens when one puts Pg-Ml/Pg-Ml, Co/Co onto eWh?

I'm clearly behind the times here ....what is the current view on recessive wheaten? I don't seem to see it mentioned.​

WLR is single laced, Jubilee is double laced. You can cross both varieties to Dark to get good females, but the males won't turn out right. They're super super hard to breed. A friend of mine raises them and he told me out of 150 chicks, only 40 were show quality in color.

Back
Top Bottom