Cornish or EE? Male or female?

Fallenone05

Crowing
8 Years
Oct 7, 2015
SE Oklahoma
Atwoods had these marked as Dark Cornish. They looked identical as chicks but not so much now. They'll be 8 weeks this Friday.

Attachments

• IMG_20220425_181106.jpg
    IMG_20220425_181106.jpg
    956.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20220425_181103.jpg
    IMG_20220425_181103.jpg
    952.7 KB · Views: 6
I figured! They've got the thickest dang legs though and they're tall and leggy. They're a weird mix-up, whatever they were made with. Thanks y'all!

Atwoods had these marked as Dark Cornish. They looked identical as chicks but not so much now. They'll be 8 weeks this Friday.
I'm not sure about the one in the photo by itself.
Dark Cornish are supposed to be double laced, but the chick feathers can have various odd-looking patterns at some stages before they finally get the adult feathers and look right.
And Dark Cornish are supposed to have yellow legs.

So I think it's more likely to be an Easter Egger, but there is a chance of it being hatchery-quality Dark Cornish.

In the photo of three birds, I don't see any Dark Cornish.

I'm not sure about the one in the photo by itself.
Dark Cornish are supposed to be double laced, but the chick feathers can have various odd-looking patterns at some stages before they finally get the adult feathers and look right.
And Dark Cornish are supposed to have yellow legs.

So I think it's more likely to be an Easter Egger, but there is a chance of it being hatchery-quality Dark Cornish.

In the photo of three birds, I don't see any Dark Cornish.

I wanted to get pictures of them individually but my phone died as I was trying. It's the silver/black one and the weird brown one.

The other two are mutts of my own making - the one with the large comb is a Marans/Ameracauna x Marans mix (i don't know the number code for that), and the blue one is the same Marans/Ameracauna mix over one of my EE hens.

Back
Top Bottom