cornish roaster butchered

paisleycj

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 15, 2008
Minnesota
We butchered the cornish roasters. At 8wks, we had some 9lb roasters! The one pictured we rotisseried this weekend. They weren't as flavorful as I was hoping. Gotta raise something for more than 8wks for that! I'm hoping the Partridge Rocks I just started will fill the bill.

DSCF0001.jpg

All right, I'm confused. I have X-rocks and roasters and you are saying they aren't tasty??? That's totally different than what I've read on other messages.

I'm confused

They're better than store bought, that's for sure. I just know they don't have the flavor that my older hens and roosters have. 'Course they can get so tough I have to pressure cook them! It's a trade off.

*pout* I think my biggest one this batch only dressed out to 5 pounds! I wonder what I'm doing wrong? I'll re-check my feeding schedule I guess.

Quote:
Ours grew for 8wks. I fed them a bag of medicated feed by accident once, otherwise I fed them a lower protein layer feed, and a mix the local elevator has. One thing we might have done different, is that they always had electrolytes and vitamins in their water. I know they were healthy birds!

Back
Top Bottom