1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

cornish rock pictures

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by bethandjoeync, Apr 19, 2009.

1. bethandjoeync

bethandjoeync Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    I am looking for pictures of cornish rock chickens. the only thing I can seem to find are cornish X pictures.....they aren't the same right?

the reason is, TSC down here had gotten a new shipment of chicks and they have a tub of cornish rock pullets. I was just curious what they look like grown up and other characteristics they may have.

I don't feel like these are cornish x because they are pretty normal size it seems, well they aren't overly larger than other chicks they have there.

any help would be appreciated

2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Cornish rock are also known as cornish crosses, or cornish x or broiler birds. That's probably why you're getting the cornish x results.

If they are relatively normal looking, try looking up White Plymouth Rock or White Rock.

Cornish rocks are crosses between Cornish and Rocks that result in an excellent meat bird. Mind you, the lines for the parent stock are VERY selectively bred and the secret as to the GGP line is more guarded than Justin Timberlake's underwear drawer...but that's a different issue.

3. bethandjoeync

bethandjoeync Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    thank you so much for the insight. I really don't feel these are cornish crosses then, because of there smaller nearly normal size. and all the pictures I have seen of the chicks on here, they are noticiably LARGER. plus the guy also said that the little chipmunk chicks were GLW, and I came home to see what they looked like grown (I'm still a newb if you haven't noticed) and the chicks looked nothing like the ones they were claiming were this breed. to me, they looked like run of the mill EE's, but the red lamp can be deceiving. I am guessing they really don't know what they are. I figure the white ones are white leghorns or white rocks. thanks for the help!

4. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Ryu

Ryu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Standard Cornish and Cornish cross chicks start out smaller than other standard chicks but catch up very quickly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by