Cornish Rocks/Cornish X Same???????

wawa

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 27, 2009
Someone asked in another post this same question but it got passed by,Are Cornish Rocks the same as Cornish X if not whats the difference and which is the best. I have Cornish Rocks and also would like to know if I did wrong by having a constant food supply for them 24/7. They are 5wks old and doing fine getting bigger every day. I have heard others talk about taking the food away from them is there a scheduale they should be fed on???

do your birds have access to grass? I feed my birds as much as they will eat in a bout 20-30 mins then feed then again 4 hours later they get to range the rest of the time. they don't grow a quick but i like they way they taste when they get grass much more flavorful meat. takes about 10-12 weeks to get to about 8 lbs dressed

Quote:
I just started letting them out in the yard during the day for a few hours It has been cold and I wasnt sure if they where old enough to handle the cold.But I still have food to them 24/7

The meat bird is actually a cross between a highly specialized line of cornish and a speical line of Plymouth Rock, hence, cornish x rock or cornish rock cross.

Cornish X, Cornish Cross, Cornish Rocks, and Cornish Rock Cross are all the same basic critter. Where confusion starts is when people truncate and call these birds Cornish, which they ain't.

Back
Top Bottom