Cornish Rocks vs Cornish X

welcome-byc.gif

Agree they're the same thing.

I purchased Cornish rocks hoping to be able to breed them and increase the number of my meat bird flock. I've unfortunately lost about 20% of them to natures ways. I've now been reading that they rarely are able to be bred successfully and die as fast as they grow. Any success out there in breeding?

Well I would just say restrict feed, and the chicks will not grow as fast as the parents anyway, the parents are crosses for fast growth and if you breed Cornish crosses together they will no longer be Cornish rocks they will just be... Slower

I purchased Cornish rocks hoping to be able to breed them and increase the number of my meat bird flock. I've unfortunately lost about 20% of them to natures ways. I've now been reading that they rarely are able to be bred successfully and die as fast as they grow. Any success out there in breeding?
welcome-byc.gif

Spend some time cruising the meat bird forum, there are lots of older threads where folks have tried doing this with varying results.

Carpe, they were bred to slaughter at 8 to 12 weeks. Breeding meaties is like expecting a Dachshund to jump four feet. Not gonna happen.

Back
Top Bottom