Cornish X over a cornish X ???

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by heathersboers, Dec 13, 2010.

1. heathersboers

heathersboers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    - mine are about 9 months now- and breeding- these are crossbred for meat production from 2 different breeds right? Just curious since ive never raised any this long to find out- I have eggs suppose to hatch tomorrow off of this cross. Will they still grow fast? and be white?

2. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
  3. heathersboers

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    Thanks rareroo- monopolized? wow...mine are free range-and I do feed them-the roosters are huge!! I did lose a few due to the failures they atlk about- My largest rooster weighed 24 pounds-he got to where his legs could not carry him.

4. incubatingisfun

incubatingisfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    when the chicks hatch could we see a pic [​IMG]

5. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Yep This spring I plan on raising some CX pullets to and breed them with heritage breed roos like Sussex and Wyandottes to make meat birds that are more fit for farm life. I have dont it before and there are others doing it as well if you look throught the meat birds section. Brunty Farms has crossed a Buckeye roo on CX hens and there is another member that crossed an Ameraucana roo with CX hens.

6. incubatingisfun

incubatingisfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    cool [​IMG]

7. heathersboers

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    Mine were crosse with a golden laced wyandotte rooster, and some will be CX X CX.

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Remember we'll need PICS!

9. heathersboers

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    So far I have a black with gold wing tips, another black a wheaten color one and a tri color brown one- Im waiting on about 15 more to hatch- Ill have pics tomorrow- None of my white eggs have hatched yet so???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by