cornish x rocks on sale

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by chickabator, Jun 9, 2008.

1. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    HI I just wanted to let everyone know that Meyer Hatchery has a sale going on for surplus cornish x rocks. I just purchased 50 of them and is just cost me 38.00 plus 12.98 shipping. Mine will be here this friday. So if anyone is interested check them out.
    meyerhatchery.com and no I do not work for them I just buy chicks from them. thanks

2. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    wow, that's a $1 a chick. good job!

3. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    This is so tempting but my hubby will KILL me! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

4. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Why? Why did you have to post this?! I can't have meat chickens where I live and want them so badly! Everyone go and buy them all so I won't feel like I have to!

5. chickabator

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    I just figured that people would want to know expecially with the price of everything going through the roof right now. I bought 50 and have no idea where I am going to put them I guess we will have to shuffle some of our other birds around to make room they are suppose to be here friday.

6. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    At what week does this breed get butchered?

Angela

7. chickabator

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    it says 6-8 but no more than 12 or they start having the leg problems and heart problems. if anyone else know feel free to post more info

8. chubs

chubs Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2008
    Ohio
    bought 20 for $14.00 from myers with no shipping cost through 4-H

9. longshot farm

longshot farm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2008
    Maine
    I have found that 8 weeks is a perfect time to butcher. After 8 weeks, the feed to weight gain ratio isn't worth it (from what I've been told), but I have let mine go for 9-10 weeks and the 8 plus pound butchered bird doesn't fit in the vacuum seal bag. Besides, you end up eating chicken for three days straight.

10. UncleHoot

UncleHoot Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    St. Johns, Michigan
    My current batch came from Meyer. I've lost 3 out of 51 at 7 weeks. One of them just turned blue and died yesterday... If I don't lose any more, I'll be rather pleased with that figure.

Anyway, they all arrived healthy; none dead in the box. As far as Cornish X's go, they seem to be doing quite well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by