1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cornish X with BBB turkeys?

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Ardizzone7, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Ardizzone7

Ardizzone7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Redkey, IN
    I have 25 cornish X coming from Welp hatchery this week. I am very excited! BUT as I was at Rural King today, I noticed they have turkeys. Unable to resist, I purchased 8 BBB. They are all from the same hatchery. Will I be able to brood them all together? Will they have similar growth rates? Any info would be appreciated. If they should not be kept together, I will need to make arangements to have 2 brooding areas.

2. the_great_snag

the_great_snag Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Staples, Minnesota
    I know chickens can be carriers of a disease called Blackhead which is fatal to turkeys. I'm not sure how high the risk is though. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

3. 23Matt23

23Matt23 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2012
    I have my Cornish x with bronze turkeys and they're doing fine so far. I have heard of the diseases and things but I decided to take the risk. They are 2 weeks now. And about the same size but the chickens are a bit fatter. Hope this helps. [​IMG][​IMG]

4. SIMZ

SIMZ Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    What are you feeding them? We have a few Midget Whites coming and I was going to try to raise them with some meat roosters, but I'm not sure how to work out the feed. I'm curious as to what your plan is as they grow. Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by