Coronation sussex

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by heathersboers, Dec 5, 2010.

1. heathersboers

heathersboers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    My husband is having a hissy wanting some of these. I cant hatch any in time for christmas. Anyone have a few day old chicks that they would part with?

2. heathersboers

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    Anyone?? I would pay shipping-also looking for blue marans

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

You could try Green Fire Farms...not sure what the weather's like for shipping though?

Otherwise, plenty of us will have hatching eggs in the spring. [​IMG]

4. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I received some birds from Greenfire a few weeks ago but these were 6 and 8 weeks old. It is getting cold. Before you order, I suggest asking your post office what their orders are for accepting live chicks. This varies on a weekly basis I believe. YOu certainly wouldn't want to order and have them turned back at your state border.

We will be having Coronation Sussex hatching eggs available in the spring.

Have a blessed day..... Nancy

5. rilly10

rilly10 Clover Field Farm

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    RockinPaints has 12 on auction here! I just got some from her and all of the eggs arrived in perfect shape!

6. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Wish I could help you but all my Coronations are on strike!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  7. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I must be patient....They are on the verge of laying....Rooster crowing and strutting in one pen, ladies please pay attention....You should be laying soon![​IMG]
    Have a happy and blessed day..Nancy

8. Echoinghills

Echoinghills Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    NE OHIO
    You can check with Justin from BluePoultry.com!!! I just got a trio of his coronation and recessive sussex, and they are older chicks...they arrived just fine in this cold weather. I have been repeat buying from Justin since last year, and i have always had great results with his chicks/birds. They are awesome!! Infact...i just got 15 BlueWheaten Ameraucauna day old chicks shipped with the sussex...and all the chicks arrived fine too. No fatalities. He puts warmers in the shipping box so they stay warm. Good Luck!!! Francie [​IMG]

9. heathersboers

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    Thank y'all- I bought some eggs on our hatching egg auction!! Thanks- Im gonna check that blue poultry site-

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by