Coronation Sussexes and Blue Laced Red Wyandottes

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by little_grey_bantam, Jan 21, 2010.

1. little_grey_bantam

little_grey_bantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Russell County
    I'm looking for Coronation Sussex Chicks...

I am looking for Blue Laced Red Wyandotte chicks... pullets or hens.
    For day old chicks, the lowest price I have found from a breeder is $3.50 each; can you beat that price?

I'd try eggs, but eggs just do not work out very well for me.

I have White Marans (a pair) I can trade if need be - they came from a breeder (purchased as eggs, I believe from Davis line)

I will pay shipping [​IMG] or will come pick up (located in Russell, KS)

2. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

I think it's greenfire farms that has coronation sessex chicks for $150 a piece. I changed my mind real quick.

3. bishopschickens

bishopschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    $3.50 is a steal and probably hatchery stock. For myself my BLRW are $5.00 each! Your going to pay big $$ for the coronation sussex and rightfully so. All in all if you have someone willing to sell there BLRW to you for $3.50 I would get them without thinking twice as they probably wont last long.

Brandon

4. bishopschickens

bishopschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    Oh and just being curious how much would you sell your white marans for? I live in virginia so obviously I would need them shipped. Seeing where you are located I assume you got them from Julie Gabbard?

Brandon

5. http://www.bluepoultry.com/ sells Coronation Sussex chicks.

The BLRW chicks for $3.50 is a real deal , they go for $7.00 each around my area .

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I agree with Brandon......if you can get good quality blrw chicks for $3.50, you ought to grab them up. I get almost that apiece for hatching eggs.

7. little_grey_bantam

Mar 29, 2009
    Russell County
    Quote:Well, I know the person [​IMG] Hence, the cheapo deapo pricing!
    But if someone posted some BLRW on here, I'd buy 'em anyway!

I want those coronation sussexes so bad *pouts*

8. little_grey_bantam

Mar 29, 2009
    Russell County
    Quote:Sounds about right... I didn't purchase them - I had someone else do it for me. I'll see if we have everything - still in boxes since we moved. I'll tell ya if we find them lol
    Nonetheless, they're beautiful birds, the rooster is such a gentleman. His girlfriend, I never hear a peep from her. They're approximately 8 months old. I just can't see myself sacrificing a single large coop for them and BF would die if he had to build another coop lol

We're wanting $50 for them; had a couple purchasers, but they didn't want to pay for shipping and we didn't want to spend $75 to drive them down to where they were (OK, KC in KS, and Wichita in KS).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by