Coronation Sussex's & Shipping?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by little_grey_bantam, Jan 13, 2010.

1. little_grey_bantam

little_grey_bantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Russell County
    I don't know if this fits here, but has anyone had any luck or know anything of coronation sussexes? I plan on hatching some, but don't know...????

Also, I have shipped eggs before alright, but was wondering how everyone else shipped their eggs...???

Surprisingly, shipping eggs in their egg carton bubbbled in bubble wrap in a box in more bubble wrap in another box seems to work best (go figure), but I have done foam also...

I want to just find a cheaper/better way to do this???

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  2. Ban seabhag

Ban seabhag Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Glenn HWY Alaska
    There have been several threads on here lately about that. Generally the better insulated, and protected the better chance you have of receiving still viable eggs. The USPS is notoriously sadistic towards them, and someone who worked there, said that UPS isn't much better. Those are expensive eggs. You might want to swallow the extra cost to make sure they all, or most of them, make it, and the bubble wrap (twice) route has brought me better eggs than the other methods. A styrofoam box to put them in is terrific also, especially for insulating..

3. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    I have a pair of Coronation Split Sussex and I love them, but they will not be laying for about 4 more months. So, I am anxiously waiting.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by