Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

bruceha2000

Addict
9 Years
Apr 19, 2012
NW Vermont
Is Captain Tripps on his way? Saw an article today predicting a high flu season. Just thinking out loud.
Had to look up that reference ... Not a King fan.

Last year was very low flu because people were doing the masking and social distancing thing. There will be more flu this year since those things are no longer mandated though some, like me, plan to use the Covid precautions as flu precautions as well. The older we get the more likely some illness will be a lot worse than it was when we were young.

Ninjasquirrel

Crowing
May 11, 2018
Northwest Indiana
I work at a print shop and up and till now( i guess?) We werent.allowed to laminate vaccine cards. We had today some people who had just recieved their booster come in and they were given a whole new vaccination card to reflect they had their booster. I was upposed to laminating their card's but they insisted that its allowed now

Molpet

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Sep 7, 2015
New Lenox township. Illinois USA
My Coop
My Coop
Not as a form of shaming or anything but wouldn't it be nice if there was some indication that the vaccine had "taken" and you could feel safer out in public? Or know that it didn't and there is now no way in this world you want to be out where there are people who could be dispersing Covid?
I figure since no vaccine is 100 percent, everyone is a potential spreader. So an indicator would just further divide them against us. .... along with fueling the biblical connotation fears

Ninjasquirrel

Crowing
May 11, 2018
Northwest Indiana
How many vaccinated people do you know? We are vaccinated and certainly don't think that, and all the vaccinated people I know don't think that either.
Everyone that I work with is. My boss specifically said "I cant get covid because I'm vaccinated". So thats about 10 people. Plus my sister, father, hubbys parents, 3 people my hubby works with, my neighbors so thats 2 people. So I know at least 19 people who are vaccinated. Also two of those 3 my hubby works with just got covid.

saysfaa

Songster
Jul 1, 2017
Upper Midwest, USA
My brother and sister in law both have covid, as of a couple of days ago.. She went to the hospital yesterday. She is in her 40s, slim, very fit, no known underlying health issues. When she first got there, they said no to the monoclonal thing and weren't going to admit her but she got worse as she was there. They admitted her and are giving her the treatment. He says he is doing ok, he is home with their kids.

Top Bottom