Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I agree with this too and the last thing I want is more government involvement. My state has done pretty much everything about reopening as a recommendation only, nothing is truly enforced.

We are experiencing an uptick in cases with a continuing rise unlike a lot of other places and for the first time ever yesterday I heard the mayor mention mandates. If there was more balance, if people and businesses took more responsibility on their own I doubt mandates would be considered. Just can't have your cake and eat it too. :(
According to the numbers, folks in TN have a .03% chance of dying from COVID-19. If TN is like most places, the majority of deaths involve commodities which would make the chance of dying for the healthy even lower. I am healthy and even if I were not, I would not expect those that were to sacrifice their liberty for my sake. I do not rely on others for my safety or security.
These mandates have likely prolonged the the virus and hindered herd immunity.

Yes, your very correct on the facts behind the lemming-Disney hoax. I just felt the irony couldn't be ignored as so many of that minority; the "loudest" 'freedom chest thumpers' are also folks spewing hoax after hoax as 'truth' in their eyes.

Or was that just too many layers of metaphor/irony/strangeness to appreciate?
Personally, I thought it was spot-on ... but I also know that many people still point to the Lemming Theory to prove their point ... so it's ironically funny, in a sad, twisted sort of way, to see it brought back up again, knowing the truth. "Fake" can be used by anyone, so we need to call it out when we recognize it. "The Truth will set you free, is all well and good ... but in this case, "The Truth," the REAL truth can do more than set someone free ... it can save the life of - maybe not ourselves - but of someone we know and love.

Oh - and I got an update, this morning, on the coach-driver friends seriously hit by Covid/Corona. Some of you know about the two who lost the battle with the virus. The third is finally off the ventilators (after two plus months!) and likely to go home soon ... weak, but alive! THREE CHEERS FOR ED and the medical staff who took such good care of him!!!!!!!

According to the numbers, folks in TN have a .03% chance of dying from COVID-19. If TN is like most places, the majority of deaths involve commodities which would make the chance of dying for the healthy even lower. I am healthy and even if I were not, I would not expect those that were to sacrifice their liberty for my sake. I do not rely on others for my safety or security.
These mandates have likely prolonged the the virus and hindered herd immunity.
Herd Immunity isn't working for Sweden. Their numbers, including deaths, FAR surpass those of their neighboring countries.

Sorry, wasn't trying to imply anything about your DS. My kiddo certainly lacks common sense in quite a few areas!

It's seems like we the parents know the thinking and logic is in there...somewhere swirling around in that big mushy thing between the ears...it's trying to find the right switch, and get it to click on and to actually function, is the challenge.
Oops I didn't think you implied anything. Just like you said, we know there's logic in there somewhere. Teenage brains are crosswired I swear. When I was around his age we had this English teacher everyone in the class thought he was mean and rude. We had him again a couple years later it finally dawned on us that he was just being sarcastic and freaking hilarious. *sigh*

I agree with this too and the last thing I want is more government involvement. My state has done pretty much everything about reopening as a recommendation only, nothing is truly enforced. So a lot of businesses have not changed any of their usual practices whatsoever. There are no temp checks, no distancing, no PPE, no extra cleaning. Employees are desperate for income so continue to show up for work even if they suspect they could be sick nor would they consider getting tested because they can't miss a paycheck and they won't wear a mask all day because it's uncomfortable enough as it is. A lot of the spread is coming from those places (plants and warehouses) and there are a lot of complaints about the work environments. The majority of the population is also not practicing the health safety recommendations.

We are experiencing an uptick in cases with a continuing rise unlike a lot of other places and for the first time ever yesterday I heard the mayor mention mandates. If there was more balance, if people and businesses took more responsibility on their own I doubt mandates would be considered. Just can't have your cake and eat it too. :(

Shutting up now sorry :th
No apologies needed. Rant and vent away... That's what friends are for!

Things in Sweden have turned seriously bad.
One of my dearest friends is married to a fellow with loads of family in Sweden ... so many that their own kids are fairly fluent in the language. They are VERY worried about some of the older members "over home." No word yet on whether or not anyone is sick, but they wait on pins and needles for word every weekend.

I also really wonder what some of the 'freedom' chest thumpers' would of been like, *If* we did a Time Warp & seen their reactions to when the ideas behind seatbelt, crash testing, crayon safety, the removal of lead from paint, the "no shirt, no shoes, no service"; the Tylenol needle scare, or clean water and air act's first became a healthly common sense awareness for us as a nation.
Hmmm .... Would they have denied the Polio vaccine? I mean, really, no one except those closest to him actually SAW FDR in that wheelchair...

OK, I will rant too. I have or should I say (had) a tenant on my property who didn't even believe any of this virus stuff was real, and never took any precautions at all. (she's the psycho) I have mentioned on BYC before, but last week she came to pay her rent. I told her I take things very seriously, and denied her payment. I asked her to pack her trailer, and leave my property!
HOW'S THAT FOR SERIOUS!:mad:

Back
Top Bottom