Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I've never had cable to watch shark week. Which is a shame. I'm a sucker for animal pseudo science stories (I mean, the real science kind too, but I love a good animal narrative) and Shark Week would be right up my alley. XD

As it stands I'm just going to have to stick to my dinosaur/prehistoric animal-based sci-fi video game. :p I can tame Megalodons in that and ride on them. Maybe I'll tame one in honor of shark week. Start naming them after BYC shark week enthusiasts.
I accidentally bought six BB white Turkey's this spring from TSC for a $1 ea..
Keep them in a big dog kennel and transfer them to a fenced in area I move around everyday. Right now to a area in my garden that's wicked weeds. Shake a can of feed and they will follow me anywhere like the pied piper. Every day they remind me of those Velociraptor's on Jurassic world 😆

I'm high key obsessed with prehistoric animals, so sometimes when I watch my chickens run and hunt I think about dinosaurs. My BFF loves chicks when they are lanky teens just starting to feather out with patchy down. She calls them "Perfect Little Raptors" and loves to feed them bugs and then hold them close after they rip them to shreds. We also have jokes about how in my yard you "Don't go into the long grass" and "don't fall down in the chicken pen, they're like compys, they'll eat you alive".

My favorite dinosaur thing lately is the fact that Spinosaurus had a huge paddle tail and that confirms it was a mostly water-dwelling theropod, like a giant crocodile with a shark fin on its back, swimming through rivers with its huge oar tail paddling it down the stream and all you could see were its eyes, nose and GIANT sail on its back.... I love it. Learning all about that was probably the highlight of my pandemic time. XD I'm still hyped up about it.

Just picked up a huge box of heirloom tomatoes and a watermelon at the farm stand and the owner gave me a cantaloupe for free. I paid $30 for all of it! It’s all organic too!!!

I’m making more tomato chips now. I’m really learning how to preserve food since this virus hit!
We mostly grow our own, did before but more now. Have plenty of canning jars but just run short. We haven't checked big box stores haven't traveled much but around here mason jars and lids are about nonexistent. Did pick up a case on sale for $9 of qt widemouths ball jars at a Ace Hardware was missing one must have been broke, better than nothing.
We have a farm stand near us that many think is awesome, NOT. They sell the same stuff grocery stores do not much is local. Pretty cool place though owner rambles off the prices cost of your purchase all in his head like a auctioneer. We just stopped there for a bushel and a half of peaches. $25 for a bushel and $15 for a half. Also grabbed a couple nice eggplants for a buck and a big head of cauliflower for a buck. Only charged us $32.. I didn't realize it till we left.

We mostly grow our own, did before but more now. Have plenty of canning jars but just run short. We haven't checked big box stores haven't traveled much but around here mason jars and lids are about nonexistent. Did pick up a case on sale for $9 of qt widemouths ball jars at a Ace Hardware was missing one must have been broke, better than nothing.
We have a farm stand near us that many think is awesome, NOT. They sell the same stuff grocery stores do not much is local. Pretty cool place though owner rambles off the prices cost of your purchase all in his head like a auctioneer. We just stopped there for a bushel and a half of peaches. $25 for a bushel and $15 for a half. Also grabbed a couple nice eggplants for a buck and a big head of cauliflower for a buck. Only charged us $32.. I didn't realize it till we left.
I already dehydrated all my tomatoes 😂 that’s why I had to buy some at my favorite farm stand. She always gives me extra free stuff. She knows we have chickens too. They ate cantaloupe rinds after dinner and I’m giving them the watermelon rinds tomorrow.

the one near Deposit?? we went there 2 weekends ago for a road trip, and thought it was great. but my potatoes in a bag were half rotten when I got home. I liked the local farm notices though--didn
t seem like a tourist trap

Didn't even know there was a meteor shower TBH. I'm not in contact with a lot of my space-people since the pandemic started. It was super cloudy here last night anyhow.

Went out and did some garden work today. Picked an entire colander of bush beans.
beans.png

Dogs were excited to sniff the bricks I brought home. And I mulched in a garden bed that has some fall plants in it.

Didn't even know there was a meteor shower TBH. I'm not in contact with a lot of my space-people since the pandemic started. It was super cloudy here last night anyhow.

Went out and did some garden work today. Picked an entire colander of bush beans.
View attachment 2287263

Dogs were excited to sniff the bricks I brought home. And I mulched in a garden bed that has some fall plants in it.
It’s going on for a bit. It peaked last night and it will still be going on tonight. Says you should look before the moon is out fully so around 11 pm.

I’m going to check tonight. I went out at 2 am and stared for a bit and saw nothing, but was getting bit up so I retreated inside to my warm bed.

View attachment 2287263

My beans didn’t do good this year. My peppers and tomatoes did amazing.

I planted some melons to see if I can make more melon jerky’s.

I also still haven’t seen fruit on that huge vine that’s coming out of my compost pile.

Got the okay to get a high tunnel for my produce so I’ll be doing that in September.

I had a mixed result from my beans. I planted 3 kinds. Only ONE Tavera bush bean grew. It was such a disappointment. I was going to freeze those ones. The dragons had only OK germination but the plants themselves are producing well (clearly). When the Taveras did a fat lotta nothing I planted a few KY Wonder pole beans, which historically have been shockingly good plants for me, but they haven't produced anything yet because they got started late.

My peppers and tomatoes still aren't really ripe I think I need to prune the HECK outta those 'maters. They need to get some sun and they're too leafy to do that right now.

I found one of my melons had been broken into a little by something (bugs I think actually) and was rotting so I cracked it open. It was ALMOST ripe. Alas. It went to the birds. We grew PMR Delicious 51, which I picked exclusively for its strangely suggestive descriptions. :p It's been doing pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom