Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

When I plant squash, how do you deal with the long vines?

They will grow on a strong trellis. I grew big pumpkins on a trellis last year. I put slings under the first couple then I got tired of that and just let them hang. One that was hanging out in space between 2 trellises had a beautiful round symmetrical shape because it wasn't resting on anything. I got some nice large acorn squash as from my trellis as well.

They will grow on a strong trellis. I grew big pumpkins on a trellis last year. I put slings under the first couple then I got tired of that and just let them hang. One that was hanging out in space between 2 trellises had a beautiful round symmetrical shape because it wasn't resting on anything. I got some nice large acorn squash as from my trellis as well.

Slings!!! Didn't think of that. How hi do they get?

I was surprised to learn that some people guide the vines over a shed/coop. They pinch off the vertical fruit, and have fruit resting on the roof.

I think I’m getting to understand the choice of the president of Brazil. Probably his cold-hearted ‘solution’ to coop with this situation would be no worse than what’s happening with the good intentions of the government in India.

But who knows what potential remedies for Covid might have come out of the rainforest he burned down?!

I live in the village 50 km from Moscow (it`s Rusia), but i don`t travel to the city more ofter as 1-2 times in a year. Usually i went there in the spring before to plant the potatoes, in first days of may or in last days of april. But now width this covid 19 the goverment tell to be at home and i think that i will cancel this trip and went to the Moscow only in the autumn, because in the summer i am too busy here.
Now i sit at my house, play computer games, read forums, read books, try to play music width my deceased grandmother's accordion, and feed my animals. I also canceled my walks to the grocery store, because I usually go there only for halva, sweets and corn sticks, this is not so important. I have my own meat, eggs, milk or canned, frozen vegetables and fruits, because I have goats, chickens, ducks, geese, a garden and a vegetable garden. In summer it will be even easier - fresh vegetables and fruits will appear.

Good for you! You sound really self-sustaining there. Stay well!

Back
Top Bottom