Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

It's the pits because work closed down and now we have no income. We try to do something 'happy' every day at home. We have 2 Speckled Sussex chicks right now. Hubby made them a little fort for them to play on this morning in about an hour with $2. worth of popsicle sticks!

chicfort4.jpg

fort_1.jpg

chicfort3.jpg

chicfort1.jpg

Thurs: 4402 positives 62 deaths
Fri: 8825 108
Sat: 11124 140
Sun: 13386 161

NJ update
Monday : 16636 positive cases
198 deaths
79 positive cases in my county

Tuesday : 18696 positive cases
267 deaths
97 positive cases in my county

New Jersey today

The milk is gone and the coffee is a couple days from gone so I guess it’s time for a foray! We’ve been so comfortable in our little bubble that the thought of all the bother of all the cleaning involved when we get back is daunting.
My brother in law works in a very nice grocery store, one where they provide sanitized carts and you see people cleaning, but he recently got diagnosed with Parkinson’s so we all worry about him. He’s not quite old enough for Medicare and can’t lose his health insurance.
Last time we were out food supplies were pretty good as far as fresh meats and produce but frozen vegetables were low. So many are imported now I’ve been wondering if that’s why. The ones they had left were all USA grown. That’s been a pet peeve of mine for years now.

I changed the title of this thread to truly reflect the state of it now that you guys have been yammering on about other stuff. :lol: Carry on chatting about the virus and or what you are doing to cope on a daily basis. If any of you do get way off topic here in the future, feel free to start another type chatting thread.

Enjoy!
-BYC Staff

Thankyou Staff! Great idea.

They just closed schools down here from this upcoming Monday through the 27th... no work for me.. i work in a school..
My state has seen an increase of over 300% in COVID 19 cases in less than a week. What the actual incidence of the infection may be is anyone's guess since there is next to no testing here. Fully half the people who are infected are asymptomatic which means they can spread it without ever knowing they have it. So far our governor has issued no guidelines that I know of. Any control measures are done at the local level.

The milk is gone and the coffee is a couple days from gone so I guess it’s time for a foray! We’ve been so comfortable in our little bubble that the thought of all the bother of all the cleaning involved when we get back is daunting.
My brother in law works in a very nice grocery store, one where they provide sanitized carts and you see people cleaning, but he recently got diagnosed with Parkinson’s so we all worry about him. He’s not quite old enough for Medicare and can’t lose his health insurance.
Last time we were out food supplies were pretty good as far as fresh meats and produce but frozen vegetables were low. So many are imported now I’ve been wondering if that’s why. The ones they had left were all USA grown. That’s been a pet peeve of mine for years now.
Went to WalMart yesterday. I was able to get everything on my list including sugar and both fresh and frozen vegetables. There still was no toilet paper and they were all out of flour. The flour I could see, but toilet paper? Why do people hoard toilet paper of all things?

When I plant squash, how do you deal with the long vines?
I grow big squash and have plenty of room but I still direct them where I want them to grow. I grow them in my corn to drown out weeds.
Last yr I grew several Honeynut squash by themselves, they didn't spread much maybe 3' and didn't have very big leaves either. Zucchini and yellow squash took up more space per plant than they did.

Back
Top Bottom