Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Haven't watched it yet but on my watch list. I prefer shows that are a series, so I can get :he when they end/cancel 😆. Don't watch much TV, only late night after everyone else to bed I get the TV , on my days off. Movies can take too long and I fall 😴 half the time.
Watching 'Containment' right now on Netflix, very good great actors, acting, storyline.
Kinda feel like I'm in Jumanji right now waiting for all of us to get out of this coronavirus movie/video game/nightmare....
Reminds me of this meme I saw a few weeks ago :lau

28096BA6-95B3-48B5-B34C-A6E5F466AE7D.jpeg

Ten days or so ago, when i went to the store, I was the only person there in a face mask. Today, a fair number of shoppers were wearing them. Better!
My son went to a smaller local store this afternoon, wearing a face mask, and came home very angry. He saw a man there wearing a towel over his head, coughing like mad!
DS walked into the house, dumped his clothes in the washer, and took a shower immediately.
It's bad enough that 'healthy' people can spread this without realizing it, but to show up sick at a store is outrageous!
Mary
Thank goodness your son knew what to do after coming home. It's crazy how some people think they can play around with how serious this is. Just very inconsiderate and put others at high risk.

Out of curiosity, what is the alternative to grocery shopping? Especially if if you live alone, lack a social network, can't afford delivery, etc. what's the game plan?

Don't eat?

I always wonder what circumstances someone has going on to make them behave out of place...

A cake! Stress is having the opposite effect on me, I can hardly force myself to eat. Breakfast was a slice of whole wheat raisin toast with a little peanut butter and half a sliced banana. Dinner was a wrap with a little lunch meat (which I hardly ever eat but the kids voted for), a slice of cheese, lettuce, tomato and avocado. I just don't feel like eating.
Cake was a bit of a bust. Started it way too late cause I kept getting distracted or interrupted (phone calls etc.) and I also burnt the top cause I had to leave them in longer cause I accidentally made them way too big so it was still gooey inside and yeah. But it was only the top that was burnt so it still tasted good but definitely not picture worthy and I didn’t even eat it until like just a little bit ago :lau :th oh well. Will try again tomorrow lol

Dinner was good at least though. Got these good healthier tacos from this restaurant we really like. To go of course lol but it was taco Tuesday so half price.

And I still had a good day. :)

Got phone calls from all my moms family.

I just am so slow doing everything LOL oh well 😂

Anyway, I’m the opposite!! I’m a bottomless pit. :lau eat everything in sight lol I even keep snacking when I’m full. :lau

I’ve always been a big eater but seems more so lately. I’m not even really stressed out. Pretty happy. But bored maybe?

Out of curiosity, what is the alternative to grocery shopping? Especially if if you live alone, lack a social network, can't afford delivery, etc. what's the game plan?

Don't eat?

I always wonder what circumstances someone has going on to make them behave out of place...
True, sick people have to eat too.
I know I get peeved when I hear people in the wintertime in stores hacking up a lung and spreading all the typical germs. Some people are just so used to going out when sick they may not even think about it much. I dunno. I usually scrape the bottom of the cupboard...aaaaalll the way in the back corner before venturing out when really sick.

As for me, or rather my alternative now....I'm trying to order all the dry stuff I can to avoid grocery stores. Now to be fair, with our food allergies and inability to have gluten I'm already used to having to order flours and other needed items, but until I have to get items that can't be ordered, or cold items, I'm staying out of the stores.
Yes, I have enough tp because I got my regular amount just before the paper craze hit. :yesss:
Eventually that will run out but even so, I'll try ordering before I go to the store.

I had to go to town today to pick up a Rx and some chicken feed, so made a quick run to WM for just a few items. Everyone being very considerate: oh, pardon, go on ahead,,... no, please, YOU go first ... and everyone carefully distancing because everyone knows THEY are healthy but everyone ELSE has a case of 6-foot cooties .... anyway I had a little packet of hand wipes and didn't take anything off a shelf without wiping it down first. Yes, I am That Person... and at the checkout some guy who didn't get the memo crowded the shopper in front of me and was handling all the candy bars trying to decide which one to get... he finally picked three after handling about 12 and I felt sick watching him. I politely showed him the taped line on the floor and reminded him to wait there till it was his turn, and he did. Poor lost soul. It's just so weird and confusing and sad sometimes. We're adapting but it's weird. It feels so strange, still. Like we've all been picked up and transported to some mad movie set with conflicting rules for survival, which may or may not even work. Only it's not a movie it's real, and nobody knows how or when or if it will end. Guess we just have to trust the Director. He knows what He's doing.

Back
Top Bottom