Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I really have to hand it to our Americans, obeying staying in our homes- that is a big big thing to agree to. And a real hardship to many. Me, I'm retired and live a fairly simple life by choice like mostf us we have our chickens and gardening personally feel closest to to peace.

Anyhow back to my salute, staying home at least 40 days, a Government that takes care of us . Who else would give most of us paychecks? And helping small business. That is a major undertaking . Giving out information in a way not to have mass panic.

Any business that can stay open -does help or have or have car side orders

large corporations switching over their manufacturing to equipment that keeps us safe and save lives.

I hear some restaurants have been feeding those front line workers like doctors and nurses.

People who's jobs actually put them at risk.

"My Pillow" guy making masks"

Internet doctor's apps face to face online.

Navy giving us use of a GIANT hospital ship. Oh God that ship is beautiful! With room for 1000. surgery suites, CAT scan, Xray and more. What a Godsend!

FEMA and all those who are putting up tent hospitals, food, doctors, nurses, etc.

Supermarkets and restaurants staying open with car side purchases.

Getting the FDA to pause some laws that will gett immunizations and protectives out to the public much quicker.

You can hate any government person you want but don't dis those who are clearly working for us -it's time to look at the positives from them at least until we are done with it. Negative comments about the leadership does not solve anything.

Last edited:
Oh, I saw Fleetwood Mac... in the 2010s. Not quite the same... :p

Sister in law's wedding. Hubby wanted to go to Sweden this year but that's out too (I didn't really want to go so now I have a convenient excuse).

I've always wanted to get in a mosh pit but most of metal concerts I went to were in large arenas where they prohibited them. By the time I got to see a show in a smaller venue, the years had passed and the crowd was a lot more mellow so everyone just kinda headbanged by themselves. People brought little kids and stuff, not very metal. :lol: Hubby wouldn't have let me get in the pit anyhow (he used to do it and would come home bruised up).

Yeah I think it's obvious at this point that that's all a matter of perspective. My mother in law's family immigrated to flee from the Nazis. I think she'd agree she'd rather face a virus...

I'm a Fleetwood Mac concert goer. Loved them since 197/8. I would love to see Guns and Roses

The more I read the numbers in USA the more I am convinced that my government is lying.

I am really sorry to hear that, @Kabootar. I do not know where you are but I am very glad that technology allows you to be here and share this experience with us here at BYC. In many ways we all feel so very isolated because of "social distancing," yet here on our computers and other devices, you are as close as my living room. I wish we could all have one big group hug and help us all to feel safe and comforted. One day this will all be over and we will have to learn trust and nearness all over again. Let us agree to sit down that day and drink a cup of tea or coffee or something together in celebration. Meanwhile, dear Kabootar, wherever you are, wash your hands and stay safe.

Could you just imagine living now with no cell phone, no smart phone, no computer or Internet, no Skype, texting no emails, surely someone can add to that list!

I'd just be outside a lot more. Or cleaning. Or cooking. Or sending smoke signals to communicate with the outside world...

I am really sorry to hear that, @Kabootar. I do not know where you are but I am very glad that technology allows you to be here and share this experience with us here at BYC. In many ways we all feel so very isolated because of "social distancing," yet here on our computers and other devices, you are as close as my living room. I wish we could all have one big group hug and help us all to feel safe and comforted. One day this will all be over and we will have to learn trust and nearness all over again. Let us agree to sit down that day and drink a cup of tea or coffee or something together in celebration. Meanwhile, dear Kabootar, wherever you are, wash your hands and stay safe.
India

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200401-154916.png
    Screenshot_20200401-154916.png
    382.9 KB · Views: 8
Could you just imagine living now with no cell phone, no smart phone, no computer or Internet, no Skype, texting no emails, surely someone can add to that list!

I have a friend who lives in/grew up in the coal mining region of eastern Pa. He said to me just recently, "If this happened when I was a kid we never would have known, because we never left the farm."

Perhaps we would have been better off ?

Imagine the big flu epidemic back in 1918..no TV even. Just newspapers and most didn't read

I really have to hand it to our Americans, obeying staying in our homes- that is a big big thing to agree to. And a real hardship to many. Me, I'm retired and live a fairly simple life by choice like mostf us we have our chickens and gardening personally feel closest to to peace.

Anyhow back to my salute, staying home at least 40 days, a Government that takes care of us . Who else would give most of us paychecks? And helping small business. That is a major undertaking . Giving out information in a way not to have mass panic.

Any business that can stay open -does help or have or have car side orders

large corporations switching over their manufacturing to equipment that keeps us safe and save lives.

I hear some restaurants have been feeding those front line workers like doctors and nurses.

People who's jobs actually put them at risk.

"My Pillow making masks"

Internet doctor's apps face to face online.

Navy giving us use of a GIANT hospital ship. Oh God that ship is beautiful! With room for 1000. surgery suites, CAT scan, Xray and more. What a Godsend!

FEMA and all those who are putting up tent hospitals, food, doctors, nurses, etc.

Supermarkets and restaurants staying open with car side purchases.

Getting the FDA to pause some laws that will gett immunizations and protectives out to the public much quicker.

You can hate any government person you want but don't dis those who are clearly working for us -it's time to look at the positives from them at least until we are done with it. Negative comments about the leadership does not solve anything.

Well, there's always good and bad.

The FDA laws don't help much if people can't afford to pay for them. Publicly funded testing and vaccination is still not in a bill that's passed yet. Our government also refused to emergency open up medicaid/medicare enrollment to make it easier for our nations newly unemployed and uninsured.
Navy is having its own problems. There are ships of soldiers dying from corona virus but until today they were told they were on their own.
MyPillow has their own weird religious agenda.
GE is refusing to make ventilators despite strikes by their workers.
Many people who's jobs actually put them at risk aren't being provided for correctly like instacart workers or amazon warehouse staff.
And as for other governments, UK pledged 80% of all peoples wages up to $3100/month. Many other countries have similar. We weren't the first or the best there.

Sure, there's good things. But it's important to remember where we could 100% absolutely be doing better. And if we're a great nation we SHOULD be doing better.

Well, there's always good and bad.

The FDA laws don't help much if people can't afford to pay for them. Publicly funded testing and vaccination is still not in a bill that's passed yet. Our government also refused to emergency open up medicaid/medicare enrollment for our nations newly unemployed and uninsured.
Navy is having its own problems. There are ships of soldiers dying from corona virus but until today they were told they were on their own.
MyPillow has their own weird religious agenda.
GE is refusing to make ventilators despite strikes by their workers.
Many people who's jobs actually put them at risk aren't being provided for correctly like instacart workers or amazon warehouse staff.
And as for other governments, UK pledged 80% of all peoples wages up to 3100/month. Many other countries have similar.

Sure, there's good things. But it's important to remember where we could 100% absolutely be doing better. And if we're a great nation we SHOULD be doing better.
Just wait until it's over and the USA gov has to figure out how to pay for what they have done. Should be interesting. Won't matter what party wins the election.

Back
Top Bottom