Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

The people who have the least in this country will suffer the most. Hopefully when this all ends the holes in our social safety net will be exposed as too large to be ignored.

Like the fact that all our manufacturing facilities and jobs were outsourced long ago and we've lost the ability to react to this emergency? Or that there is no longer any drug manufacturing in this country?

Alas! I agree with both you and Wee Farmer Sarah completely.

I have no wish to bicker. But alarms are ringing soooo loudly. How do you stand by and watch a fire go out of control and not react?
The important thing is to address the crisis at hand, then deal with the “who did what right or wrong.” Bickering only increases discord and interferes with positive actions.

As of 4/1 AZ has 1413 cases, 29 deaths. Currently under stay at home order but many mayors and business owners think it's not enough. What makes a hair salon essential?
This is day 10 after hubs was exposed, no symptoms. His job is considered essential so he'll continue to work; his employer has provided protective gear. We are now wearing masks when we shop, he insists and I sorta don't blame him. He's out there far more than I am.

The homeless get food and a bed for the night if they want to (bed and bread). They have to keep a distance inside the 'homeless- shelters'. During the day they have to stay outside and are not permitted to stay together. Keep a distance to all people, just like the people with a home.

But only half of the homeless have a place to stay in the old 'homeles-shelters' now. This was a problem. A few hotels offered their accommodation (to the city's) for the homeless to solve this problem. Hotels are all empty anyway. At least until this Corona lock downs / regulations have passed.

Are the homeless there willing to take shelter? I guess cold would force people to on some level. Here, we have such a temperate climate year round that homeless people can resist establishing (for lack of a better word) themselves in available housing.

That's not to say there aren't days when it gets too cold or too hot to be habitable on the streets. The city sets up cooling and warming stations but some people continue to live and die on the streets on their own terms.

It's so sad to think of lives so out of control that being homeless is the only autonomy they think they have. And I say that without a trace of judgment. It's heartbreaking.

As of 4/1 AZ has 1413 cases, 29 deaths. Currently under stay at home order but many mayors and business owners think it's not enough. What makes a hair salon essential?
This is day 10 after hubs was exposed, no symptoms. His job is considered essential so he'll continue to work; his employer has provided protective gear. We are now wearing masks when we shop, he insists and I sorta don't blame him. He's out there far more than I am.
Good to hear you and hubs are doing well.

How tall are your beds? Our aim is 16 inches but for now it's only 8.

I have 10" tall and 3' tall raised beds on a concrete pad in the back corner of my yard that was once a basketball court. These are FANTASTIC! but there's still a lot of bending over so I got these corners in the 35" size and put them on double height treated lumber.

I had hardware cloth fences and hinged lids built around the top of the tall beds. That keeps the vermin away from my tender crops. I had a lid on my strawberry bed too but I found that interrupted pollination.

Back
Top Bottom