Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Dear they are not yaks, those are buffaloes. However yaks do produce milk, but they produce considerably less milk when compared to Buffaloes. The yak milk is typically higher in fat (6-8%) when compared to cows milk, but it contains less fat than buffalo milk (7.2-12%). Yaks milk also contains more lactose when compared to cow or buffalo milk. The yak milk have a pinkish/reddish tinge unlike cow milk which is yellowish or buffalo milk which is pure white. I have tasted yak milk and if you ask me, I didn't like it.

How can you not like Yak milk ??? :lau:gig
Yes they get milked. In what used to be Mongolia there were people that lived in the mountains with their Yak because lower altitudes were not good for them.

These people milked for milk and bled some (just enough). Their whole life was Yaks. The milk and yogurt, their hair and hides (if they died). Tents, bedding, clothes, furnishings,

Their religion did not include killing a Yak.. There were occassions where they were starving and had to kill one for meat and did an awful lot of praying before they did. Otherwise their whole life was based on keeping the Yak happy and healthy.

A man typically married with a Yak owning woman. The women owned all the Yak. The man could marry a second wife if current wife agreed , it meant having a bigger herd.

This info was from a book written in the 60's called "Fields on the hoof" It was a very interesting book . And that is the story of Yak.

Last edited:
A good majority of the cases in my city all started in 3 funerals. Not sure when those funerals took place, but it’s good to know that it was concentrated for the most part and not just random. But we’ve already been issued an order starting tomorrow no more out and about for people who are still wandering the streets.

My question is: what happens to the homeless? They don’t have a home to shelter in place.
That is an interesting question. They probably hide in the woods.

I'm no math expert, but something doesn't add up here...
nmqlHec.jpg

WsycpDL.jpg

I mean...this is TRUE!!!
MXUnYuA.jpg

The new combination is 6!!!
nG1hl2x.jpg

Find me a better description of baking bread!!
AMWLlux.jpg

Well, he's not wrong, you know?
D9vNSQB.png

Isolation can be tough

5bSZay1.png

Look, in the end, we each do what we need to get by and I hope you do what you need, be crazy, be quiet, be loud, be you!!
3n0Ept1.jpg

I'm no math expert, but something doesn't add up here...
nmqlHec.jpg

WsycpDL.jpg

I mean...this is TRUE!!!
MXUnYuA.jpg

The new combination is 6!!!
nG1hl2x.jpg

Find me a better description of baking bread!!
AMWLlux.jpg

Well, he's not wrong, you know?
D9vNSQB.png

Isolation can be tough

5bSZay1.png

Look, in the end, we each do what we need to get by and I hope you do what you need, be crazy, be quiet, be loud, be you!!
3n0Ept1.jpg

No one's an expert here unless you include armchair expert. Thanks for the humor, we all need it sometimes.

How can you not like Yak milk ??? :lau:gig
Yes they get milked. In what used to be Mongolia there were people that lived in the mountains with their Yak because lower altitudes were not good for them.

These people milked for milk and bled some (just enough). Their whole life was Yaks. The milk and yogurt, their hair and hides (if they died). Tents, bedding, clothes, furnishings,

Their religion did not include killing a Yak.. There were occassions where they were starving and had to kill one for meat and did an awful lot of praying before they did. Otherwise their whole life was based on keeping the Yak happy and healthy.

A man typically married with a Yak owning woman. The women owned all the Yak. The man could marry a second wife if current wife agreed , it meant having a bigger herd.

This info was from a book written in the 60's called "Fields on the hoof" It was a very interesting book . And that is the story of Yak.

Well there are yaks in Nepal, people don't kill their yaks in Nepal either. There are yaks in India too, but the places with yaks are close from me in Nepal than in parts of India where they're kept. I really didn't like it, I don't like cow milk either. It makes me sick in my stomach.

Back
Top Bottom