Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

Everyone has the right to express themselves here, and I think for some, expressing anger and blame is a way of letting off steam and dealing with the stress of this horrible situation. So let 'em. If it makes you uncomfortable, ignore it. You can't change another person's behavior. Their anger is a coping mechanism. It may feel easier or safer than sitting down and having a crying jag, which is what I do once in a while, whether I intend to or not. Fortunately, I was in the car by myself the other day when it happened so I didn't freak out my kids, lol! I'm not scared. I'm sad. I'm so sorry for all the people who are suffering in so many ways right now. I'm sad that our world is so completely changed and I don't know when, or if, it will ever be the same again. I don't care whose fault it is or what could been done different or sooner. And I'm just so damn proud of all the wonderful, brave, selfless people who are doing all they can to care for the sick and the dying and to keep the rest of us fed and provided for. It just all hit me at once. (Yeah, it's that bipolar thing, feeling all the feels at once, and so strong!) So, let everyone deal in their own way. Be kind. Love one another. And we'll get through it. The virus can make us sick, it can kill us, but it can't rob us of what makes us human, unless we let it. So let's don't let it. Okay?

I hear you loud and clear. It's amazing that you or anyone can write a long post like that and be so loud and clear .. You are right. Everyone could need a vent just in a way not to bash or say negative about anyone . (I feel awful close to spewing anger ) but its not the right time or place. We have been so lucky to have this thread continue. But I think its because of all the members want to preserve our contributors . .

'people are still not taking it seriously'

Yesterday I said I would stop the daily updates from NJ, but watch us folks because we are your future.

8 days ago : 4,402 confirmed cases
62 deaths
25 confirmed cases in my county

Today: 25,590 confirmed cases
537 deaths
130 confirmed cases in my county.

We started social distancing weeks ago and basically total state lockdown 12 days ago and still this is happening.
Despite the death toll it's not being taken seriously here either. There are lots of complex reasons why both Italy and Spain are not coping with this virus.

I think it's important to remember the the tone of posts can be as much in the reading as the writing. If anyone assumes anger or bickering or aggression it may be coming from the interpretation. (Note that's the conditional "may" and not an accusation of any sort.)

We could agree to assume good intentions. That's what I do.

I have preach that for a long time. You can't here intonation in a post. I try to use smilies . Hard.

Screenshot_20200402-152307_Chrome.jpg

The 1918 influenza pandemic was worse, targeted younger people, and in places that actually practiced isolation, was less severe.
My parents were young adults during that time, and never once spoke about it! People managed to blank it out of their histories, and out of many history books too.
Mary

In what ways was it worse? Curious. I don't really know anything about it.

It killed millions.

Aren't we concerned that Covid-19 may also, world-wide, eventually, given its contagion rate, the fact that people may spread it for weeks without knowing they have it, and human behavior? I mean, I realize it hasn't killed millions yet, but .... isn't it on track to do so?

ETA: I hope I am wrong!

Back
Top Bottom