Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

hey wanted to see if they could build one like it and wanted to ask where they could get chickens and all of that.

I wonder how many of these sudden new chicken owners realize how long it will be before they get eggs.

There's a lot of interest in getting BYC chickens for the first time here in Los Angeles too. The problem is we're in the vND quarantine zone and I have to constantly explain that on the local forum. Of course, at some point someone will not care and will get chicks or pullets (like anyone is going to let go of a laying pullet now) from someone who's willing to violate the quarantine. Then, eventually, we'll have Covid-19 and vND to deal with.

As I began a load of wash, it hit me that people in apartments don’t typically have washer/dryer hookups. In NYC, people, including medical staff, are trying to use every item of clothing they own, and doing laundry in the sink or tub. Laundromats aren’t clean to begin with, they must be a nightmare now.

You're right and I wonder who else thinks of that complication!

Wash your hands is the thing I heard all day the day of my surgery. All Drs and nurses are confident if you don't touch your face, keep distance from others, wash your hands, and stay isolated you'll be okay.

I'm high risk and went to a hospital that's treating Covid 19 patients. I'm not scared, nervous, or frightened that I caught anything because the hospital ensured my safety during my surgery plus I took all the proper precautions.

I rarely touch my face... My mom's a nurse and I learned at a young age to never touch my face because it's the easiest way for something to enter your body.

Hmm interesting. 🤔

So one wouldn’t die if they took it?

Still can’t be very smart or safe though.

I know I wouldn’t want to be the one to experiment with it.

Although I think I actually did read something a while ago about people taking dog dewormer for cancer. Not sure if it was ivermectin or not though but it seemed to work.

It was Safeguard. And a stupid idea.

Please remember it's not just America needing PPE. New Zealand is so short of this sort of equipment that midwives are telling women they will have to give birth alone at home with no support, no midwife, because midwives cannot access protective equipment. There are no masks for them, there are no gloves for them. Midwives cannot visit or check on the women they are supposed to be caring for because they lack the equipment to do so.

At the end of January:
3M, another major manufacturer based in Minnesota, also reported an increase in production after a rise in demand from China for respiratory protection products.

This is part of why the US government keeps a face mask stockpile for emergencies.

As The Post's Lena Sun reported, the US government has several secret storage facilities holding drugs and supplies that are part of a $7 billion Strategic National Stockpile ready to be used in the case of a bioterrorism or nuclear attack or an infectious disease outbreak. Nationwide, the repository's medical contents would cover more than 31 football fields if laid out.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/...us-spurs-a-run-on-face-masks-but-do-they-work
A month ago:
https://qz.com/1811316/us-will-buy-excess-coronavirus-face-masks-to-encourage-production/
And now:
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/...rder-to-stop-exporting-masks-to-canada-163060
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...-up-medical-supplies-angering-canada-germany/

I still believe that Florida state official. But anything else is MOL heresay to me -there are so many stories out there it's really hard for me to decipher which ones are true or not. My head capacity is near full. :confused:

Someone at G's work got diagnosed. The only reason staff knew is because they're back from their 2 weeks quarantine. Management didn't inform staff about the infection so that people who were exposed could take additional steps to keep themselves or their loved ones safe.

I'm super pissed. I was about to hand off eggs to my sister for my dad without knowing. >( Who knows how long it's been going around Gs store but there's nothing to be done about it. Honestly, asking everyone exposed to quarantine is pointless - it would be the whole store and it wouldn't take long before every grocery shuts down if you did that.

I've taken my temperature every other day for weeks now and have been fever-free. But it's still frustrating.

So sorry for your anxiety, ChocolateMouse. Are you guys separating from one another? It would be a good idea.

When I had the regular flu at the beginning of the Covid scare I isolated to one bedroom and one bathroom. My husband and I were speaking to one another via cellphone one freakin' room away.

Turned out to not be necessary and it wasn't fun. But it isn't necessary for a household to get the infection IF one person does.

Meanwhile, hope your husband will stay well and his workmates too. Hydration, sleep, hand washing, etc.

How are the hospitals in OH coping?

So sorry for your anxiety, ChocolateMouse. Are you guys separating from one another? It would be a good idea.

When I had the regular flu at the beginning of the Covid scare I isolated to one bedroom and one bathroom. My husband and I were speaking to one another via cellphone one freakin' room away.

Turned out to not be necessary and it wasn't fun. But it isn't necessary for a household to get the infection IF one person does.

Meanwhile, hope your husband will stay well and his workmates too. Hydration, sleep, hand washing, etc.

How are the hospitals in OH coping?

Thanks. Currently we're not isolating from each other. Our house is pretty small, it's only got one bathroom, for example. We've been taking temps every other day since early march and have been clear and the moment for precautionary isolating from one another is well past (which is part of why I'm displeased that we both only just found out). This co-worker got diagnosed and quarantined two weeks ago and we sleep in the same bed most nights.

He changes clothes when he gets home and washes hands and uses gloves at work so there's precautions happening there. But this was somewhat inevitable. If he develops symptoms he'll get isolated in his bedroom. He'll have a TV and three video game consoles if he's bored. We each have our own rooms. There's still only one bathroom but we have a plan in place already because he gets the flu each year and D can't afford to miss a ton of classes. He'll have his own towel and roll of paper towels, tp, toiletries etc. When he needs to use the bathroom they get brought in in a bag, used, placed back in the bag, then out of the room. He'll also have a spray bottle with bleach solution in it to clean up behind him on his way out. We have about two anti viral masks in the house so one for him and one for whoever brings him food. They get wiped down with rubbing alcohol between uses. This is basically our flu plan cranked up to 11.

Also. Partner not husband fwiw. ;) It's an important distinction for us.

Back
Top Bottom