Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I mentioned it before I work in a dairy plant. FWI, millions most likely billions (every state that has dairy is doing this) of gallons of milk has been dumped this week. Some from the pickup drivers dumping their whole trailers some right at the farm. If you are seeing any limits on buying milk butter cheese please let your area dairy cooperative know, ours is;

"If you are in your local grocery stores or convenience stores and you see empty shelves of dairy products, please take a picture and/or send an email to the American Dairy Association North East division at: [email protected] or call them directly at 315.472.9143.
"
Screenshot_2020-04-04-23-42-43~2.png

I mentioned it before I work in a dairy plant. FWI, millions most likely billions (every state that has dairy is doing this) of gallons of milk has been dumped this week. Some from the pickup drivers dumping their whole trailers some right at the farm. If you are seeing any limits on buying milk butter cheese please let your area dairy cooperative know, ours is;

"If you are in your local grocery stores or convenience stores and you see empty shelves of dairy products, please take a picture and/or send an email to the American Dairy Association North East division at: [email protected] or call them directly at 315.472.9143.
"
View attachment 2075877

I don’t get it. Why are they doing this?

Good morning. I writing this post before catching up, so sorry. The latest data for Massachusetts as of 3 April:
Confirmed Cases Reported =10402
Deaths attributed to Covid-19 = 192
Cases in my county = 825
I caught a glimpse of the cases in the US on a map and clearly this thing is attacking from the coasts and working it's way in. I also caught a small segment of one health "official" remarking that when the shortage of ventilators becomes a reality, then the hard decisions as to who gets them will depend on the patients survivability chances. So my advice to the more senior members here and those with compromised immune systems, isolate yourself and stay healthy. I try to stay focused on my normal daily activities of taking care of the chickens and working on getting the garden planted. My plans for this Spring included adding a grow out pen / meat bird pen. I have just about completed my shopping list, which will cost at least an extra $150 due to not getting my usual discount and having to pay for delivery. Still, I'm waiting a few more days to make sure I didn't contract the virus on my last outing 4 days ago. I want to make sure I'll be around to build it. For those of you in the mid west or any place this virus is mostly just a news broadcast to you, this virus is coming to an area near you, so please take it seriously. OK, now I'll catch up on the posts.

Hi, I'm in the Midwest, and believe me, it's not "just news" here!

Our plant is b alls to the wall busy right now taking in as much milk as we can. Farmers are still milking, cows still producing. Should not have limits on how many gallons of milk you can buy, it ain't toilet paper... Stores limiting dairy purchases, out of cheese etc.. Milk price to the farmers that can still sell their milk dropped from $18 a hundred weight to $13 this week. Should not be a shortage when they are told to dump because there is NO DEMAND...

Our plant is b alls to the wall busy right now taking in as much milk as we can. Farmers are still milking, cows still producing. Should not have limits on how many gallons of milk you can buy, it ain't toilet paper... Stores limiting dairy purchases, out of cheese etc.. Milk price to the farmers that can still sell their milk dropped from $18 a hundred weight to $13 this week. Should not be a shortage when they are told to dump because there is NO DEMAND...

There shouldn’t be a limit on milk because milk expires a week or two after buying and only people that go through gallons upon gallons are people with kids and milk lovers. Before I had kids I couldn’t even finish a pint of milk before it went bad.

There shouldn’t be a limit on milk because milk expires a week or two after buying and only people that go through gallons upon gallons are people with kids and milk lovers. Before I had kids I couldn’t even finish a pint of milk before it went bad.
I knew I could freeze milk, but I wasn’t sure if Duckling would drink it once defrosted. Now I know she will, and I swear she likes it better. :confused:
I used to drink two or three gallons a week. Duckling needs milk though, so I rarely get any.

"
View attachment 2075877

I was only allowed to buy one gallon of milk a couple of weeks ago, and we are a family of four including two teens. I wanted at least on gallon of 2% for the kids, a half gallon of skim for me, and a half gallon of 2% to make yogurt. That is a week's supply for us. I did not want to have to come back in less than a week, we are trying to limit our shopping trips. It is unbelievable milk is being wasted at the same time we are being limited to one gallon.

Back
Top Bottom