Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

I'm not for the whole die for the economy... I'm sorry but money is truly the route of all evil for some people.

I'm more about trying to help as many humans on this Earth as we can and as fast as we can... If that means isolation then you bet your bottom dollar that I'm isolating. I don't want people to die, I don't care who it is. I hate the statistics because more deaths make my heart hurt.

I don't see people dying as a meh thing or it's okay because it's not me or my family... That type of thinking makes my stomach turn.

EXACTLY!! Agreed 100%

The President is not the media. The CDC is not the media. The media is reporting what the president and the CDC are saying. I've said it before and I'll say it again: that's not hype, it's journalism. I wonder who is pushing tthis "it's nothing to worry about"agenda while our health care workers are dropping like flies and our hospitals are being overrun with the sick? Who benefits by having our hospitals swamped right no

So right, BigBlueHen! And keep in mind when one of the medical professionals goes down it's not just the infected person who's, god forbid! dead or in treatment, it's all the other medical personnel they've been working closely with who have to go into 14-day seclusion.

The fact remains that not everyone who is exposed will get it bad enough to even seek medical attention let alone die.

Yes! We can all agree on that point. But it's going to overwhelm medical services almost everywhere in time unless we get a centralized, comprehensive, adequate and probably mobile management of equipment and services to meet the demands when and where they arise.

Also, we don't know who will die and the way to not be the one who does or the one who completely unknowingly spreads the virus is to be aware of the information and best practices. That's the information people are attempting to share. It isn't panic. It's preparedness.

We live with the possibility of earthquakes every day. I've been through a few and had my house knocked off its foundation by one. We don't live in panic here; we live in preparedness and then go about our daily business unconcerned because we know when the event occurs we know what to do and are equipped.

Last edited:
I wonder why this is when the science confirms that people are infectious while asymptomatic? I worry that there is another agenda in play here and states like AZ and TN are putting that ahead of public health.

:rolleyes: we'll have to agree to disagree as I've said before. Have a nice day.

Yes! We can all agree on that point. But it's going to overwhelm medical services almost everywhere in time unless we get a centralized, comprehensive, adequate and probably mobile management of equipment and services to meet the demands when and where they arise.

Also, we don't know who will die and the way to not be the one who does is to be aware of the information and best practices. That's the information people are attempting to share. It isn't panic. It's preparedness.

We live with the possibility of earthquakes every day. I've been through a few and had my house knocked off it's foundation by one. We don't live in panic here; we live in preparedness and then go about our daily business unconcerned because we know when the event occurs we know what to do and are equipped.
I suppose it all depends on what makes sense to you and what doesn't. Again, we will have to agree to disagree. Have a nice day.

Screenshot_2020-03-29-08-48-34.png

Is this what the CDC would recommend or what individual governors have instituted in their states?

I understand that the circumstances on the ground are different in different parts of the country and that different responses apply. Just not clear who's making the characterization and based on what.

Back
Top Bottom