Coronavirus, Covid 19 Discussion and How It Has Affected Your Daily Life Chat Thread

@Kabootar
I hope it will work to isolate you’re father and grandparents until there are medicines.
:fl
&@Shadrach
Did you see the numbers counted in war zones? Like Jemen and South Sudan? And the low numbers in poor countries? They just can't test. They will not be able to help the sick😞
There is no way they can handle this like we do. Saving at least a good % of our elderly and those with minor underlying health problems.

I think I’m getting to understand the choice of the president of Brazil. Probably his cold-hearted ‘solution’ to coop with this situation would be no worse than what’s happening with the good intentions of the government in India.

Last edited:
@Kabootar
I hope it will work to isolate you’re father and grandparents until there are medicines.
:fl
&@Shadrach
Did you see the numbers counted in war zones? Like Jemen and South Sudan? And the low numbers in poor countries? They just can't test. They will not be able to help the sick😞
There is no way they can handle this like we do. Saving our elderly and those with underlying health problems.

I think I’m getting to understand the choice of the president of Brazil. Probably his cold-hearted ‘solution’ to coop with this situation would be no worse than what’s happening with the good intentions of the government in India.

I built him a cabin outside of the village, and I asked him to stay there. I bring him lunch and dinner everyday. But he can't resist coming home every morning. He is very concerned about his mother and grandmother. My mother has left to take care of maternal grandmother who lives alone.

I built him a cabin outside of the village, and I asked him to stay there. I bring him lunch and dinner everyday. But he can't resist coming home every morning. He is very concerned about his mother and grandmother. My mother has left to take care of maternal grandmother who lives alone.
I hear a lot of the old are too stubborn to take the right precautions. They often hate it to live in self isolation and depending on others while they are able to take care for themselves.

Oopsie, I quoted this in another post but goofed up. Trying again...

I like all of those and regularly grow Pineapple and Mr Stripey. I've also become a fan of Orange Jubilee. Fat meaty beautiful orange tomatoes with a more paste type of texture. Makes for a great addition to sauces for those who need low acids.
They also self seed well. I leave all the bad ones on the ground and they come back the next year. I did a pink one last year that was really tasty too but don't remember the name ATM.
Brandywine perhaps?

Clearly I didn't say either of us tested positive. Another instructor where my husband works has, in addition to a student. My husband was directly exposed to both. We were advised by the state's hotline that unless we develop symptoms we don't have to quarantine.

Anything else you'd care to ask?

Thank you for clarifying that, @igorsMistress. We didn't mean to be invasive. We are a family here and are naturally concerned and protective of "our own" here, just as we are of our physical relatives. Just checking to make sure you and your husband are okay, it is a relief to hear from you! :hugs

5PM!? I'd ask if you are 80 and go to bed at 9PM, but there's a lot of folks on here that actually are/do. :oops:

We at dinner anywhere from 6PM to 8:30PM but we aim for 7:30. Usually we don't even walk into the kitchen to cook until 6.

It's not wacky for dinner to be running late and we eat at 9. Oops.

Lol, 67, and yes, we are usually in bed by 9! 😆 .

Our dinner is generally somewhere around 7 or 8 pm, no earlier than 6:45 (for Sunday supper). We have fika (Swedish coffee break) around 5:30 pm and lunch generally between 12:30 to 1, except on Saturday as that's the only day I don't work out. I don't eat breakfast, no time, gotta go outside and sweat and garden and shovel chicken poop. :)

Ah, there you go then. If you eat dinner at 5 or 5:30 you will definitely be hungry for breakfast at 6 or 7 am. I have GERD (among other things) and have to go to bed on an empty stomach.

I live in the village 50 km from Moscow (it`s Rusia), but i don`t travel to the city more ofter as 1-2 times in a year. Usually i went there in the spring before to plant the potatoes, in first days of may or in last days of april. But now width this covid 19 the goverment tell to be at home and i think that i will cancel this trip and went to the Moscow only in the autumn, because in the summer i am too busy here.
Now i sit at my house, play computer games, read forums, read books, try to play music width my deceased grandmother's accordion, and feed my animals. I also canceled my walks to the grocery store, because I usually go there only for halva, sweets and corn sticks, this is not so important. I have my own meat, eggs, milk or canned, frozen vegetables and fruits, because I have goats, chickens, ducks, geese, a garden and a vegetable garden. In summer it will be even easier - fresh vegetables and fruits will appear.

I live in the village 50 km from Moscow (it`s Rusia), but i don`t travel to the city more ofter as 1-2 times in a year. Usually i went there in the spring before to plant the potatoes, in first days of may or in last days of april. But now width this covid 19 the goverment tell to be at home and i think that i will cancel this trip and went to the Moscow only in the autumn, because in the summer i am too busy here.
Now i sit at my house, play computer games, read forums, read books, try to play music width my deceased grandmother's accordion, and feed my animals. I also canceled my walks to the grocery store, because I usually go there only for halva, sweets and corn sticks, this is not so important. I have my own meat, eggs, milk or canned, frozen vegetables and fruits, because I have goats, chickens, ducks, geese, a garden and a vegetable garden. In summer it will be even easier - fresh vegetables and fruits will appear.

In mid March there were rumours that Nepal is going to close it's borders with India so I hitchhiked accross the border and bought marijuana and alcohol for my father, because marijuana is illegal in India and Bihar is a dry State so I bought them in Nepal where both of them are legal and very cheap. I also bought him his favourite brand of cigarettes. I put them safely in my father's brand new cabinet under his newly constructed cabin. Now my father complaints that drinking and smoking is no fun without friends. Grrrr

Back
Top Bottom