Correct breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Us and our Eggs, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Us and our Eggs

Us and our Eggs Out Of The Brooder

Dec 26, 2013
    Tifton, Ga
    The black and white hens I'm pretty sure are Silver-laced Wyandottes and the white are Delawares I was told...but are the other two Ameracaunas?
    [​IMG]

2. Makomd

Makomd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    ES of MD , USA
    I would agree with Delaware and SLW, but I do not think the other 2 are Americana as the one shows yellow legs and I can not tell on the other. Might help to have a picture of those two facing the camera and standing still. Gorgeous birds though.

3. Us and our Eggs

Dec 26, 2013
    Tifton, Ga
    Closer pic
    [​IMG]

4. Farmer Viola

Farmer Viola Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2013
    Earth
    this one looks like a sicilian buttercup , maybe crossed with something? just guessing

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    They're not Ameraucanas. If they lay green or blue eggs they're Easter eggers, if not they're mixed breed hens.

6. Us and our Eggs

Dec 26, 2013
    Tifton, Ga

Thanks Farmer Viola.

7. Us and our Eggs

Dec 26, 2013
    Tifton, Ga
    Thanks donrae, somebody told me they might be Easter eggers instead, so it looks like I may have to wait a few weeks before they lay their first egg. Do you know if it is commom for their first egg to be a different color than it normally would be?

8. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    You are correct on the first 4 hens you mentioned. But the other are not ameraucana. They don't even look like easter eggers to me. Just some barnyard mixes. Probably some easter eggers mixed in somewhere, but I doubt they will lay colored eggs. The color they is the color they lay. It may darken or alighten a bit. But they aren't going to lay white then green and so on.

9. Us and our Eggs

Dec 26, 2013
    Tifton, Ga
    Thanks for the info CCCCCCCCHICKENS. I look forward to the eggs regardless of the color or type hen. They're pets that happen to give prizes...lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by