Correct dosing of Tylan soluble powder per gallon

astatula

Songster
10 Years
Mar 19, 2009
Astatula
Does anyone know how much Tylan powder to put in each individual gallon of water for standard chickens at about 5-7 pounds each. The container always gives the entire bottle of mixing in 50 gallons of water. I want the teaspoon or half teaspoonful dose so I can do this without using a pharmacy scale. Just an estimate is good enough for me.

Annezman

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 30, 2014
The dosage is 1 teaspoon to a gallon of water or 1/2 teaspoon to 1/2 gallon of water for a small flock. Make fresh solution every 3 days as per Tylan, (though I give mine a gallon at a time, check it often, and fresh every day) and make sure this is the only source of water they have. Use for 7 to 14 days. Some folks say up to three weeks, because MG is really tough to get rid of! Clean and santitize your coop, or you'll be doing this all over again in a month.

Remember that your chickens will be asymptomatic, but carriers, forever. That means you'll probably have to dose any new chickens coming in to your flock.

Such a bummer....our beautiful Dooz are snotty and coughing. What a learning curve, and what a wonderful site this is....from one Crazy Chicken lady to another, good luck!!!!

Oh, and BTW, the 800 number on the Tylan bottle is a good idea, too. I'm not a vet, but I did consult one. They've been known to be wrong, so check with yours or call the company....update this post if you find out something different!

Blessings!
frow.gif

Anne

Eggcessive

Addict
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Apr 3, 2011
southern Ohio
The instructions say 1/8 teaspoon per gallon.
Most people use 1/2-1 teaspoonful per gallon. If you can post instructions from the manufacturer for 1/8 tsp per gallon, I would be interested in seeing it. Here is the label and another link that does not give any instructions, other than adding a 100 gm jar to 50 gallons of water. That would be 2 grams of Tylan per gallon of water. If you have a gram scale, it would be more accurate to measure.
http://www.elanco.us/labels/Swine/Tylan_Soluble.pdf
http://www.drugs.com/vet/tylan-soluble.html

pulp2paper

Hatching
May 4, 2015
Just talked to the manufacturer and it's 1 teaspoon per gallon of water. No mixing solution. No nothing.
for single backyard small flocks....
1 teaspoon per gallon of water.
100mg bottle will make about 40 +/- gallons of medicated water for chickens.

Top Bottom